ssmutz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Routing local/inter-domain mail

I'm doing some tests with Groupwise 8 and would like to route local/inter-domain mail out through GWIA to another server, however I can't find any documentation or settings to make this happen.

For example:
If I send an email from sam@example.com to bob@example.com, Groupwise sees it as local and immediately delivers it without leaving the Groupwise system. But I need it to go through an outside (non-Groupwise) server, such as a spam filter or email archiver, which will route it back to Groupwise.

Is this even possible?

I setup SMTP relay, which is working fine when sending email out to non-local addresses (gmail, yahoo, etc), but local ones don't even show up in the GWIA logs.

Edit: Also my local MX records are set to the 3rd party server, not the Groupwise server. Groupwise is ignoring them for internal mail.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Routing local/inter-domain mail

Hi,

As far as I am aware internal e-mail will always remain internal to the GroupWise system by design and I'm not sure that you can over-ride this without specifically adding the GWIA address into the email address field. What you could do is look at a product that will do scanning at a Post Office level. I think that GWAVA does something like this.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.