rjrayburn
New Member.

Rule to Delete Internal mail Only

Hello,

I am using GroupWise 2014R2 Build Number:126868 Revision:14.2.2. I have an account that is used to receive EKG alerts from an external source. The account is hidden from the GroupWise system. The issue is that there are emails that are send out via the Wildcard addressing that still sends to the entire system which is sent to this special account. Also, this account has to be a GroupWise account and not a Resource due to the IMAP configuration setup with the third party vendor. Majority users uses the *.* and we only have one domain. Yeah I could simply move the user to a post office by itself, but all post offices have users that are needed to be reached via the *.* Also, it would be a hassle to ask the many that uses the *.* to use the *.post_office just to exclude 2 GroupWise accounts.

I know you can't (to my knowledge) block internal messages as a whole, but is there a way to create a rule to move all and any new internal messages "That are received" to the Trash and then empty it? I even checked the rule where the "Account" field was used and GroupWise was the value. (Account "The account used to send an item, or the account the item was received from." Specify GroupWise, POP3, IMAP, or NNTP.) and I used all Operations codes (Ex. Account = (Matches) GroupWise). Didn't work.

I'm hoping a simple rule can be created to move or delete only internal mail received.

Thanks,

Ray-J
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Rule to Delete Internal mail Only

Hi Ray-J

Perhaps this article on rules to act on internal/external mail is of assistance to you:

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/GroupWise-Tips-Information/GroupWise-Rule-Conditions-to-act-on-Internal-or-External-Email/ta-p/1778769

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
rjrayburn
New Member.

Re: Rule to Delete Internal mail Only

Hi Laura,

Thanks for sharing this. This is great! I will test this out and let you know what the results are.

Thanks,

Ray-J
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.