mfaust Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rule to set all messages put into shared folder as read

Does anyone know a way to set messages as read at the moment when they are put into a shared folder?

Normal GroupWise behavior is that messages put into a shared folder as 'unread' in the view of the owner of the shared folder - in most cases this is good, as from the perspective of the owner of the shared folder he did not read it.
We use shared folders from resources to provide storage for project related mails - works well. Downside is that if we archive the folder from the resource all messages are considered 'unread' which is not correct...

I've played with rules, but somehow putting a message into a shared folder does not trigger any rule, or am I missing something?

Anyone has a good idea or hint for me?

thanks
Mathias
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Rule to set all messages put into shared folder as read

Hi Mathias,

Whilst I have tested this as yet, my first comment would be that the rule would have to be on the resource owning the folder - have you set the rule there?

Please let us know,

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
mfaust Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

yes, I tried that and tried all rules that are available - somehow they do not get executed.
I would have expected that at least the "Filed Item" gets executed, but not even that one...

regards
Mathias
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mathias,

I'm not sure what to suggest next 😞 Perhaps wait around for a more knowledgable community member to come along, or a Service Request?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The best I can think of would be an "on open" or "on close" for the folder as the trigger. This would still require that the owner at least OPEN the folder occasionally though. You are correct that messages placed into shared folders do not trigger the "on filed" rule, but I suspect that an "on open" for the folder would.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.