Highlighted
mhatga Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Rule triggered by deleted items

Jump to solution

Hi,

I was asked to set up a rule that sends a notification/email to someone else when an item (appointments in this case) is deleted. I tried "Filed Item" in the Trash folder, but that does not get triggered when an item is "filed" by a deletion process.

Backstory is that a user accidentally deletes appointments on his phone and his secretary would like to get a notification when that happens.

Thanks,
Michael

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Rule triggered by deleted items

Jump to solution
We don't have delete as a rule trigger.  And the trash is not a folder, it is a query.  Deleted items are still in the folder that they are deleted from, they are just marked as deleted.  That way undelete works.
The closest you can get is to use a delivery rule and a forward action to give her a copy up-front.  There isn't any way to get a notification, or rule, of when he actually deletes something. 

If this is something that you feel strongly about getting added as a new feature, please go to our ideas portal and submit it - https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/mf-gw.  Remember that the more votes this one gets the higher the features gets raised to engineering.

Pam
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

It doesn't work for me either.  I would think that deleting an item would be the equivalent of "filing to the trash folder" but maybe trash is treated differently.  I'm asking around and will see if I can get an answer for this.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
We don't have delete as a rule trigger.  And the trash is not a folder, it is a query.  Deleted items are still in the folder that they are deleted from, they are just marked as deleted.  That way undelete works.
The closest you can get is to use a delivery rule and a forward action to give her a copy up-front.  There isn't any way to get a notification, or rule, of when he actually deletes something. 

If this is something that you feel strongly about getting added as a new feature, please go to our ideas portal and submit it - https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/mf-gw.  Remember that the more votes this one gets the higher the features gets raised to engineering.

Pam
mhatga Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks for the technical background, now I understand. I'll consider a copy rule.

Michael
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.