Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
ChrisJako
New Member.

SECOND GROUPWISE POST OFFICE ON DIFFERENT SITE

Hi

Has anyone set up a second groupwise post office running on a different site which replicates / copies the head office.

EG
HEAD OFFICE - GWPO, GWIA, MTA
all mail comes to this groupwise server

SECONDARY OFFICE - GWPO (ON A SERVER IN LOCAL NETWORK)
mail is copied from HEAD OFFICE TO SECONDARY OFFICE live
users can access locally their post office and obtain mail there

I am trying to get my secondary office mail quicker then what it is now where they need to use a external ip address on the internet to obtain mail (from the head office)
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SECOND GROUPWISE POST OFFICE ON DIFFERENT SITE

Hi,

I would recommend creating a secondary domain and adding a post office to it. Then move the necessary user accounts to the new post office.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
ChrisJako
New Member.

laurabuckley;2494099 wrote:
Hi,

I would recommend creating a secondary domain and adding a post office to it. Then move the necessary user accounts to the new post office.

Cheers,

That was the idea but some users use both offices. So they need to be able to access both post offices
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

A user account only exists in one post office. If they move around consider setting up a caching mailbox for them.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi.

On 22.01.2019 01:44, rbsa wrote:
> SECONDARY OFFICE - GWPO (ON A SERVER IN LOCAL NETWORK)
> mail is copied from HEAD OFFICE TO SECONDARY OFFICE live

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS! YOU WILL WREAK HAVOC ON YOUR WHOLE GW SYSTEM!

Laura has got you covered. If users move a lot and the connection is too
slow for online access, use caching mailboxes.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.