gostrogorski Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SSL for pop3 or imap4 - not working.

Hi,

I was searching entire forum and couldn't find any information how to resolve my problem.

Environment:
GWIA Version: 8.0.3
Linux SUSE 11.2

In ConsoleOne in properties of GWIA I can't find fields for uploading SSL certyficates and network settings.
When I using switches of gwia.cfg file nothing with ssl won't works. I can disable or enable POP3, IMAP4 but nothing else. In logfile nothing, any error.
Certyficates was genereted by tool on this forum (file names in format 8.3), additionaly I was trying to set external signed certyficates in pem and pfx format with password and no. Nothing works 😞

Thanks for any ideas.

BR
Grzegorz
Labels (2)
Tags (5)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: SSL for pop3 or imap4 - not working.

I wonder if during migration database, objects in database responsible for ssl wasn't corrupted ? When I installed new GWIA all seems be ok.

Does anybody know for tool to edit entries in database file ?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

You would need to open a Service Request with Novell Technical Support for that. Us mere mortals do not have such tools.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.

BACKGROUND
Problem occurs because C1 can not connect to the domain with full administrative right. When I tried to connect myself to the domain (right mouse button on the domain object, then connect) I got error in C1:

"The following GroupWise domain database file cannot be accessed properly. /path/to/somewhere"

Effect, I can't find tab of GWIA properties "Groupwise" where are all setting with network, ssl keys etc.

SOLUTION
I made soft link (ln -s) exactly from domain path to "/path/to/somewhere" (from error) and after that the tab "GroupWise" appears.

Probably something after migration from netware went wrong.

Cheers,
Grzegorz
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

gostrogorski wrote:

> SOLUTION I made soft link (ln -s) exactly from domain path to
> "/path/to/somewhere" (from error) and after that the tab "GroupWise" appears.

Nice solution! The GWIA is the one object that seems to be fussy about moving
to Linux, especially if you aren't using NSS, and there are file case issues.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Are you a GroupWise Power Administrator? Join our site.
http://www.caledonia.net/register

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.