marklar23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Scheduling WebAccess Restart

I experience the WebAccess bug where every week or so we experience the bug with WebAccess that prevents users from logging in and gives an "out of memory" error as the reason. Rather than having to wait for the error to occur I am trying to schedule crontab to restart web services nightly, except I can't figure out what I'm missing. I've added the following line to my cronttab file

0 3 * * * /etc/init.d/novell-tomcat6 restart

I'm hoping to get web services to restart at 3AM, but it isn't doing anything. What am I missing? Do I need to make a separate script file to call rather than just running the restart command from crontab? Am I putting this in the wrong place? I have other jobs that I put directly in the cron.daily and cron.hourly folders that run just fine and I'm sure that I'll have a facepalm to whatever it is that I'm missing on this one. Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Scheduling WebAccess Restart

i'd rather put this line in a file called let's say /etc/cron.d/kicktom and "enhance" it with the desired identity such as

0 3 * * * root /etc/init.d/novell-tomcat6 restart
0 Likes
marklar23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mathiasbraun;2428223 wrote:
i'd rather put this line in a file called let's say /etc/cron.d/kicktom and "enhance" it with the desired identity such as

0 3 * * * root /etc/init.d/novell-tomcat6 restart

Thank you, its working now
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <marklar23.7fgijb@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Marklar23
wrote:
> I've added the
> following line to my cronttab file

that is the old way and doesn't work as well as it used to
Matthias pointed out one way of your line in its own file in the
/ect/cron.d and the other way, if a bit after midnight works for you,
is to put a text file in /ect/cron.daily containing
#!/bin/bash/sh
/etc/init.d/novell-tomcat6 restart

in either case make sure root owns it(chown) and that it is set to
execute (chmod +x)

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
warrenstewart Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Not sure what version of WebAcc you are on, but we had the same memory issue with 2014 SP1 and once we upgraded to SP2 the issue went away.

Warren
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.