Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sent items pending

We are using Groupwise 2012 and have two post offices. Emails sent from PO#1 to PO#2 show a status of Pending.The emails are delivered but still show the status of Pending. Emails sent from PO#2 to PO#1 are delivered and no Pending messages are shown just delivered and read. Emails sent withing PO#1 are shown as delivered and read and not stuck on Pending. I am not sure what would be causing this since I can't find it in the logs.
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Sent items pending

Hi,

There may be a "stuck" message in your status message queues. I'd check there. Perhaps, if you can for a short while, shutdown PO#1 and rename the WPCSIN and WPCSOUT folders - don't delete, just rename. Then restart the POA - it will recreate the structure necessary. Messages should flow fine with status messages being processed as well - just check this. Then, one by one, move the remaining messages from the renamed WPCSOUT queues to the corresponding new queues. Sames goes for WPCSIN queues. When you hit the file that won't transfer you know which e-mail is corrupt.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura-

I tried that and all of the files moved successfully. I did a test email as well and it is still having the issue. Would there be something I am doing wrong?

Casey
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Casey,

Thanks for your reply. Did you do the test before or after you moved each message file one at a time and waited for it to be processed by the POA?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Laura-

I am still kind of new to Groupwise but when I renamed the folders and rebooted it took down the PO until I rebooted again. Was there something I did wrong? I also noticed that there were no files just folders in the wpcsin and a ton of files sitting in the folders for the wpcsout folder.

laurabuckley;2317797 wrote:
Hi Casey,

Thanks for your reply. Did you do the test before or after you moved each message file one at a time and waited for it to be processed by the POA?

Cheers,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I apologize for not being more concise....

1. Shutdown POA
2. Rename WPCSIN folder
3. Rename WPCSOUT folder
4. Start POA
5. Ensure that POA has rebuilt it's structure i.e. wpcsin and wpcsout folder structure
6. Send test message and ensure that message delivery and status are correct.
7. Move one file at a time from renamed wpcsin/wpcsout folder structure to corresponding folder structure in running POA
8. Wait for each file to be processed individually.
9. When one file is not processed, i.e. does not auto-magically disappear from folder structure of "Live" running POA, bingo, you've hit the corrupt message. Move it back to the renamed POA wpcsin/wpcsout structure for the time being and continue.

Let us know how this goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry for the delay. Novell is actually going to be looking into it. This may or may not be related but would an issue like this cause a delay in Scan to Email on the same box?

laurabuckley;2317875 wrote:
Hi,

I apologize for not being more concise....

1. Shutdown POA
2. Rename WPCSIN folder
3. Rename WPCSOUT folder
4. Start POA
5. Ensure that POA has rebuilt it's structure i.e. wpcsin and wpcsout folder structure
6. Send test message and ensure that message delivery and status are correct.
7. Move one file at a time from renamed wpcsin/wpcsout folder structure to corresponding folder structure in running POA
8. Wait for each file to be processed individually.
9. When one file is not processed, i.e. does not auto-magically disappear from folder structure of "Live" running POA, bingo, you've hit the corrupt message. Move it back to the renamed POA wpcsin/wpcsout structure for the time being and continue.

Let us know how this goes.

Cheers,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

It may be related. Let us know what Novell has to say.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just to update you, Laura. I worked with a technical services agent who has worked there a long time. The suggestion you gave, he said, normally works but as of right now he couldn't figure it out. He is going to bring on a developer to help out since it is only the Normal Priority emails that this is happening to.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Many thanks for the feedback. Please do keep us posted with how you progress. That way the entire community can learn from this. Thanks 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Laura,

One of the database files under the folder 'ofmsg' was stuck in maintenance mode. Every time an email was sent the file would be checked and come up with an error. The Novell technician was able to put it in online mode and thus resolving the issue. Everything works fine now including external emails that were slow to process. I even moved over the old files that weren't processing and they went through and resolved the status on the emails. Thanks for the help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

So glad that Novell Technical Support were able to sort your issue out - that is excellent. Thank you for the feedback.

Cheers 🙂
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.