Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
jnlickey Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sent items show as pending

I have one user who logs into one machine and tries sending an email to a group or individual on the internet and the message shows up as pending in sent items, and never sends. I then had the same user login to another workstation and had them send a message from the 2nd workstation and the problem seems to be resolved. But the first message still shows up as pending even on the second workstation. I also tried a different account on the same trouble workstation and the same problem shows up. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled GW Win Client on the problem PC, ran GWCHECK on possible trouble user(s) accounts, and have done a workstation (GWCHECK for archive [CTRL-SHIFT FILE | Open archive...]) Also had user recreate the groups from scratch that they were having problems with. This only appears to be affecting outbound email to the internet, and only on one PC.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this.

Currently running GW 802 HP3 on mail server, and 802 client on the problem PC.

Thanks!
Jon
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
seschenburg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sent items show as pending

Get the Nexic cleaner at http://www.nexic.com/download/gwcr.html

Uninstall the GW client, run the cleaner (it starts immediately with no option to change your mind), ensure your GroupWise install folder is empty, verify that no keys exist in the registry under HKCU\Software\Novell\GroupWise, uninstall Windows messaging if it shows up in Control Panel A/RP. If Outlook is installed or any other mail app consider removing them also, at least to test. Then reinstall GW.

If all else fails, reload the machine.

>>> jnlickey<jnlickey@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 2/8/2012 4:36 PM >>>

I have one user who logs into one machine and tries sending an email to
a group or individual on the internet and the message shows up as
pending in sent items, and never sends. I then had the same user login
to another workstation and had them send a message from the 2nd
workstation and the problem seems to be resolved. But the first message
still shows up as pending even on the second workstation. I also tried a
different account on the same trouble workstation and the same problem
shows up. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled GW Win Client on
the problem PC, ran GWCHECK on possible trouble user(s) accounts, and
have done a workstation (GWCHECK for archive [CTRL-SHIFT FILE | Open
archive...]) Also had user recreate the groups from scratch that they
were having problems with. This only appears to be affecting outbound
email to the internet, and only on one PC.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this.

Currently running GW 802 HP3 on mail server, and 802 client on the
problem PC.

Thanks!
Jon

--
jnlickey
------------------------------------------------------------------------
jnlickey's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=62277
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452024
0 Likes
jnlickey Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that!
0 Likes
jnlickey Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Removed GW (via Control Panel | Add Remove Programs) and cleaned up old files using the Nexis GW Cleaner. Then checked to make sure that there was nothing left in the registry under (HKCU\Software\Novell\GroupWise). Then rebooted the PC, re-installed GW 802 client, sent test message which stayed pending. Logged out and back in again, then realized that the IP address to the GW server and port number were missing on the login screen for GW. I typed in the IP / Port #, re-logged into GW, and the problem is now resolved.
I'm not 100% sure, but looking back, I think the missing IP/port # were the culprit!
0 Likes
seschenburg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sometimes it's the simple things! 😉 Though I don't see how that would cause the problem you experienced.

>>> jnlickey<jnlickey@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 2/9/2012 3:26 PM >>>

Removed GW (via Control Panel | Add Remove Programs) and cleaned up old
files using the Nexis GW Cleaner. Then checked to make sure that therewas nothing left in the registry under (HKCU\Software\Novell\GroupWise).
Then rebooted the PC, re-installed GW 802 client, sent test message
which stayed pending. Logged out and back in again, then realized that
the IP address to the GW server and port number were missing on the
login screen for GW. I typed in the IP / Port #, re-logged into GW, and
the problem is now resolved.
I'm not 100% sure, but looking back, I think the missing IP/port # were
the culprit!

--
jnlickey
------------------------------------------------------------------------
jnlickey's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=62277
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452024
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.