Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1077 views

Sent items

Have a user that recently got a new phone. Not sure what type but per
my GMS box it's running android 6.0.1.

Their sent items do not seem to be sync'ing even though it's selected
that they do.

I just started a resync device from the GMS console.

Running GMS 14.2.0 build 279 on sles11sp3, any suggestions?

--
Stevo
Labels (1)
0 Likes
14 Replies
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sent items

The user specifically opens the sent items folder on that phone, and nothing shows up?
Do you see any pending or synced /sent items for that user in the 'folder list'? You can see that when logged in to the webadmin as a admin > users > (problem user) > folder list

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Sent items

Hi,

Further to what snielson has recommended... I suggest that you double-check that the sent items folder hasn't been accidentally moved - common cause of this type of issue.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sent items

snielson sounds like they 'said':

>
> The user specifically opens the sent items folder on that phone, and
> nothing shows up?
> Do you see any pending or synced /sent items for that user in the
> 'folder list'? You can see that when logged in to the webadmin as a
> admin > users > (problem user) > folder list

So my response to snielson's comment is...

If this user opens up sent items on their phone, it looks like things
are syncing as she sees email in sent as well as being able to reply to
emails, etc. They do not send however.

Looking in the console, that user has a couple things pending in sent
(has not sync'd in a little over an hour), but has items that have
sync'd from the sent folder in that same console.

--
Stevo
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sent items

laurabuckley sounds like they 'said':

>
> Hi,
>
> Further to what snielson has recommended... I suggest that you
> double-check that the sent items folder hasn't been accidentally
> moved - common cause of this type of issue.
>
> Cheers,


So my response to laurabuckley's comment is...

Moved from in the GW client, or moved from within the phone?

--
Stevo
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Sent items

Hi Stevo,

Apologies if I was vague - check the GroupWise client. Having said that, based on your other post to snielson I don't think that this is where your problem lies.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sent items

Not sure I follow..
So the user is saying they cannot send emails from their new phone, but they see the sent items in the sent folder?

Seeing the pending items in on /sent is normal, as most devices by default only request inbox, calendar, and contacts to push sync.. all other folders will need to be opened to set up on the device to sync.

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sent items

snielson sounds like they 'said':

>
> Not sure I follow..
> So the user is saying they cannot send emails from their new phone,
> but they see the sent items in the sent folder?


So my response to snielson's comment is...

They can send, etc from the windows client, but those sent items do not
sync to the phone.

If they send, reply, etc from their phone, a sent item appears in the
sent on the phone, but does not show up in the desktop client, and does
not get sent.

--
Stevo
0 Likes
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sent items

If you add any other accounts to this problem device, do they have the same problem with sending mail and sent items?

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sent items

snielson sounds like they 'said':

>
> If you add any other accounts to this problem device, do they have the
> same problem with sending mail and sent items?


So my response to snielson's comment is...

I will have to check. On a related note, another person got a new
android running v6 OS, and they're having problems connecting too.
That is until they turn their wireless off and just use their cell data
to access GMS, then things work fine.

--
Stevo
0 Likes
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sent items

Thanks Stevo,

I have a Nexus 6P device which is running 6.0.1, and can't seem to duplicate the connection issue. You may want to check your DNS / firewall settings on your internal network.
Regarding the sent items.. does that matter if they are on cell data, or wifi?

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sent items - UPDATE

So now I hear from one of the people running an android with 6.0.1 on
it, that in addition to email sync'ing via GMS doesn't quite work over
wifi, but when they sync via their data plan, any text messages on her
phone get sync'd to her GW account.

--
Stevo
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Sent items

In article <aGQKy.140$6A1.12@novprvlin0913.provo.novell.com>, Stevo
wrote:
> another person got a new
> android running v6 OS, and they're having problems connecting too.
> That is until they turn their wireless off and just use their cell data
> to access GMS, then things work fine.


A common cause of this relates to a DNS lookup / firewall-router issue.
If they are trying using your Public DNS to get the Public IP of your GMS
from inside, then a number of routers don't handle the NAT properly and
fail.
A fix for that cause is to have your internal DNS give out the internal
IP for the GMS lookups and make sure the WiFi devices get your internal
DNS for this.



Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!
GMS troubleshooting tips at http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/gwmobility.htm


___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sent items

Andy Konecny sounds like they 'said':

> A common cause of this relates to a DNS lookup / firewall-router
> issue. If they are trying using your Public DNS to get the Public IP
> of your GMS from inside, then a number of routers don't handle the
> NAT properly and fail.
> A fix for that cause is to have your internal DNS give out the
> internal IP for the GMS lookups and make sure the WiFi devices get
> your internal DNS for this.


So my response to Andy's comment is...

Well the wireless they are on at this location goes out a different
internet connection and our internal dns cannot be reached from this
other connection.

Strange thing is, this behavior only started with the brand new phones,
their old ones worked fine.

--
Stevo
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Sent items

In article <kadRy.541$6A1.447@novprvlin0913.provo.novell.com>, Stevo
wrote:
> Strange thing is, this behavior only started with the brand new phones,
> their old ones worked fine.


Yet another proof that the Latest isn't necessary the Greatest

Compare going to the GMS server in a browser between old and new phones.



Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!
GMS troubleshooting tips at http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/gwmobility.htm


___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.