Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
662 views

Sent mail has wrong sender

Hi,

we repeatedly see the following problem:

User sends email from his mobile; recipient sees the email with completely
different sender (another GroupWise user). That other Groupwise user sees
the email in his/her outbox. In addition the sender sees the address book of
the other user in Mobility Service.

Reboot of the Mobility Service server solves the problem temporarily,
restart of the deamons does not.

Especially the fact, that users might read outgoing mail from other users,
is a serious problem.

Anybody has seen such problems? Any idea what the reason for that confusion
might?

Thanks,
Mirko
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
MarkDissington Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Sent mail has wrong sender

First thing I would try is running dsapp https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7015282 to see if it finds any issues. If that seems clean then try a clean removal of the user with the issue, let it settle, then re-add.

Mark.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Sent mail has wrong sender

In article <b3Kqy.219$7U7.12@novprvlin0913.provo.novell.com>, Mirko Guldner
wrote:
> User sends email from his mobile; recipient sees the email with completely
> different sender (another GroupWise user). That other Groupwise user sees
> the email in his/her outbox. In addition the sender sees the address book of
> the other user in Mobility Service.


Do you run both Structure and Contents GWChecks on a regular basis?
If not, you should
if you do, take a good look at the Content job results, you may well have a
sticky problem that is not actually clearing
http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/gwlogs.htm

as per Mark, a dsapp general health check (7,1) will help highlight areas that
need attention and help you in the repairs.



Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please show
your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!
GMS troubleshooting tips at http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/gwmobility.htm


___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Sent mail has wrong sender

Mirko,

Am 29.01.2016 um 14:46 schrieb Mirko Guldner:
>
> Anybody has seen such problems?


Luckily, no, never. That's definitely SR material.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Sent mail has wrong sender

Am 29.01.2016 um 14:46 schrieb Mirko Guldner:
>
> Anybody has seen such problems? Any idea what the reason for that confusion
> might?


Do you have any type of proxy in from of your GMS? I wonder if this is
some case of sessions getting cached somehwere where they really shouldn't.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sent mail has wrong sender

Hi Andy,

one of the reasons why I asked here - even while I'm not the GMS-admin - is
the question if the problem might be on the GroupWise side. If you mention
GWCheck most probably that means yes.

I'll take closer look at that, and my colluege will do that for dsapp.

Thanks,
Mirko


Andy Konecny wrote:

> In article <b3Kqy.219$7U7.12@novprvlin0913.provo.novell.com>, Mirko
> Guldner wrote:
>> User sends email from his mobile; recipient sees the email with
>> completely different sender (another GroupWise user). That other
>> Groupwise user sees the email in his/her outbox. In addition the sender
>> sees the address book of the other user in Mobility Service.

>
> Do you run both Structure and Contents GWChecks on a regular basis?
> If not, you should
> if you do, take a good look at the Content job results, you may well have
> a sticky problem that is not actually clearing
> http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/gwlogs.htm
>
> as per Mark, a dsapp general health check (7,1) will help highlight areas
> that need attention and help you in the repairs.
>
>
>
> Andy of
> http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
> Knowledge Partner
> http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
> If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
> show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!
> GMS troubleshooting tips at http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/gwmobility.htm


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sent mail has wrong sender

Hi Mark,

thanks for the tip - we'll take a closer look at dsapp

Thanks,
Mirko


MarkDissington wrote:

>
>
> First thing I would try is running dsapp
> https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7015282 to see if it finds
> any issues. If that seems clean then try a clean removal of the user
> with the issue, let it settle, then re-add.
>
> Mark.
>
>


0 Likes
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sent mail has wrong sender

What version of GMS is this?

I would suggest removing the user completely from the GMS web admin, and adding them back. A mix up of threads on the GMS server can cause this kind of behavior. However I believe this was fixed in the latest release.

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.