aanthonisse2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Server up and running - now what?

Hi,

I have a server with the Mobility Pack up and running.
I can reach the server on alle the necessary ports from my netwerk.

Now I want to connect from a HP iPaq with Windows Mobile 6 Classic to the server. I use WiFi to make te connection.

I can reach the website on [url]https://[ipaddress][/url], it generates a certificate error, but I can continue. I have setup Outlook on the device to conntect to the ipaddress, with SSL enabled. I cannot synchronise, it generates a connection error.

Where can I check what goes wrong?

Kind regards, Arjan
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Server up and running - now what?

aanthonisse;2005307 wrote:
... it generates a connection error.

Where can I check what goes wrong?

What specific error code does the device return? Could be the device is choking on the self-signed cert. We had that on Windows Mobile devices as well.

One option could be to see if the device will synchronise with mobility connector configured to not use SSL.

-Willem
0 Likes
aanthonisse2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the hint: without SSL synchronization works.

Kind regards, Arjan
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

aanthonisse;2005318 wrote:
Thanks for the hint: without SSL synchronization works.

You are welcome & good to hear it syncing.
The self-signed certificate issue appears a well known one, depending on the device/mobile os you are using. iPhones and Android devices don't seem to hit this snag.. not sure about Symbian.

For Windows Mobile devices check out the MS kb: How to install root certificates on a Windows Mobile-based device
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.