Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Setting up Restore Source

I have an OES2 server running Groupwise 8, each night I run a dbcopy script to backup the groupwise system to an NFS mounted volume on a different server.

Today, I need to restore a user's mailbox but so far I'm not having good luck getting the restore source set up correctly. I added the root user and password to the Post Office Object settings in C1. Then created the restore source, filling in the UNC path to a samba share I setup to the backup server. The windows workstation can browse to the backup location and has full read/write access to said directory. The Linux path is what seems to be causing me the trouble. Should I be using the local path of the NFS mounted volume there or something else?

I get 8209 errors when I use the NFS path in the Linux Path field, but if I leave it blank the connection to the backup store from the GW client prompts me for the path then seems to connect. But it only displays a week's worth of old mail at that point. The backed up PO directory size is comparative in size to the production directory so I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Any help is appreciated.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Setting up Restore Source

The dbcopy is pretty vanilla - dbcopy <postoffice dir> <nfs mounted postoffice dir>, so I don't have any command line switches as part of the script.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Setting up Restore Source

In article <dlietz.5rucyn@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Dlietz wrote:
> Today, I need to restore a user's mailbox but so far I'm not having
> good luck getting the restore source set up correctly.
>

Have you tried creating a mount point to that the restore area,
directly on the mail server so that the POA can see it directly?

Andy Konecny
Knowledge Partner (voluntary SysOp)
KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-
Andy's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75037

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.