Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
metoo
Visitor.

Setting up Room calendars with iPads

Just wanted to post this in case anyone else is interested. We have a datasync server set up for our iPhone and iPads but are using ldap authentication. I wanted to use some old iPads outside of our meeting rooms to display the calendars for those rooms, and after looking at all the somewhat expensive monthly cost services out there I decided I just wanted to use the iPad calendar with an Exchange setup to do this. The problem is that some of our room calendars are not ldap users, but are resources - so they don't have a password. After trying many different things, I finally decided to set up another gwsync server using groupwise authentication instead of ldap - I added just the resources to that server and added groupwise passwords to them and now those calendars also sync on the iPads.

This was a very inexpensive solution for us to have the room calendars outside of the rooms - they are always up to date now and users can easily put themselves on the calendars right at the device if they want. We have 5 rooms and they are all busy all the time - so this is working out great for us.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Setting up Room calendars with iPads

Good to read what you have done. Inexpensive and very effective!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Melaniee,

Many thanks for sharing. I'm sure folk will find your information useful 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <melaniee.7whldb@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Melaniee
wrote:
> Just wanted to post this in case anyone else is interested.

Thank you very much for posting this.
I'm sure many of us will be able to make good use of this, also as a
way of making good use of some of the older tablets that aren't wanted
for other things.

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner and swatter of Mr Automatic
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!
GMS troubleshooting tips at
http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/gwmobility.htm

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.