Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Setting up external user to send email

Want to setup an account so it shows up in address book to send email to outside address. What I have done thus far is:

Created
Non-GroupWise domain, post office and user

I configued this using the instructions in Novell docs:

Novell Doc: GroupWise 8 Administration Guide - Adding External Users to the GroupWise Address Book

What I want to know now is what else needs to be done to user so it knows where to send the mail. Do I need to setup internet addressing on the account as well.The docs really don't go into that part. Basically what we want to do is setup an internal distribution list to have an internal account plus this external one so the when the original email arrives to the list, it goes to both accounts. Any help would be appreciated.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Setting up external user to send email

Hi,

Perhaps this TID holds the key for you: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=3230787

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think I am going to go with this solution:

https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7002601

The main thing I wanted was able to forward email to external account but show up as from the orginal sender, and it appears to turning flat forwarding on strip off the empty email when it forwards.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Indeed, flat forwarding would do that for you. Glad that you have a solution 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks. I was looking at setting up a non groupwise domain, post office and user, but this way seems allot less work to get going. The whole thing was forwarding the email but it had to come to outside address from original source, and it appears to be by reading TID that flat forwarding enables that by turning off the blank email that it does when you just forward an email.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.