Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Setup LDAP

We have GroupWise 2012 running on a Windows 2008R2 machine with eDir 8.8 SP7. Last week we migrated our last Netware server 6.5 SP8 to Windows 2008R. The server is still running. Our goal is to remove the Netware server and the client from all PCs. My main issue is, I can't see the LDAP running on the GroupWise Server. I can see LDAP on all Windows servers and the one Netware server. 1). Do I need to install MS LDAP on the GroupWise server? It lists NLDAP as running. 2) Because it is running GroupWise, Should NLDAP be on another port? 3) When /if I get this working, will everyone need to have a GroupWise password or will it pickup the eDir Password?

Thank you,
John

John Kenney The Haven Group
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Setup LDAP

Hi John

Having eDir on the same server is sufficient and should not require a change of ports. Once you have setup LDAP authentication your customers will use their eDir password to login to GroupWise.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Thank you for you quick response.
I am not sure I understand. Do I point LDAP authentication to any of the Windows LDAP servers or do I need to setup Windows LDAP on the GroupWise server. Also, will this allow me to get rid on the Novell Client (not GroupWise) on the user's PC.
Thanks,
John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi John,

There is no need to setup Windows LDAP as eDir takes care of all that. Just point the LDAP server in the GroupWise configuration to any of your Windows servers running eDir - it can even be the same box that's running GroupWise provided that eDir is installed on it.

If you have no further need for the Novell Client you may remove it.

Let us know how it goes or if you have further questions 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Not sure what your end goal is here. Do you want to continue to have GW users auth against eDir using LDAP, or do you want to transition to using Active Directory as the LDAP Auth source?

--Morris

>>> jkenney57<jkenney57@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 9/30/2014 12:36 PM >>>

Thank you for you quick response.
I am not sure I understand. Do I point LDAP authentication to any of
the Windows LDAP servers or do I need to setup Windows LDAP on the
GroupWise server. Also, will this allow me to get rid on the Novell
Client (not GroupWise) on the user's PC.
Thanks,
John

--
-John Kenney
The Haven Group-
------------------------------------------------------------------------
jkenney57's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=4439
View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=479617
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

We are trying to have GW users authenticate against eDir using LDAP. We use Contactwise with GroupWise. The version of ContactWise we use requires eDir through LDAP. We are looking to get rid of the Novell client.

John

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.