Highlighted
Visitor.

Shared Calendar stops email syncing to Devices

Hi,
Got a wierd one for you, I have a user who published a shared calendar with a group of users within Groupwise 2014.

proxy'd to the email account
right click on the calendar
sharing...added the users
ticked edit and delete
clicked on ok

As soon as the user added the Calendar to their Groupwise and sync through to GMS, I statrted getting this error in the groupwise-agent.log

2016-08-30 13:47:06.514 INFO [WORKERS_POOL_Thread-4] [gwconnectorlogic:840] [userID:atest] [eventID:] [objectID:] [CheckPoint] Received event from GroupWise of type "FolderAdd"
2016-08-30 13:47:06.537 ERROR [WORKERS_POOL_Thread-4] [gwsoap:533] [userID:atest] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] Failure parsing soap response. Response string: None; Exception: Type not found: 'gwt:shareTree'

as soon as the I got the users to delete the shared calender email starting coming through again to their mobile devices.

We currently run users on two versions of GMS Version: 14.2.0 Build: 279 and Version: 2.1.0 Build: 230, any help on this will be appreciated as I am stuck as to why this is happeing
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Shared Calendar stops email syncing to Devices

Hi,

The first thing that springs to mind is that the system folders, perhaps even the calendar folder, is not in it's default location.

Quickest way to sort this out is to run a GWCheck with the misc. option of: folderreset (content & fix problems only ticked with this option)

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What exact version of GMS and GroupWise? While Shared Calendars are not supported without GMS 14.2.1, just having them should not stop the flow of email.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

I wonder if GMS 14.2.1 is already out? Missed GW 14.2.1 also GW 14.2.1 HP1 as it was not in the patchfeed:

https://www.novell.com/newsfeeds/rss/patches/newpatches.xml

laurabuckley;2438381 wrote:
Hi,

The first thing that springs to mind is that the system folders, perhaps even the calendar folder, is not in it's default location.

Quickest way to sort this out is to run a GWCheck with the misc. option of: folderreset (content & fix problems only ticked with this option)

Cheers,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

It's out now. Installed it, shared folders work fine so far. Good job! 😄

Shared calenders not showing up on my test device only home calender. I will try to reinit device later...

BTW: The feed doesn't include Groupwise patches anymore. 🙂

Any reasons?

lis;2438678 wrote:
I wonder if GMS 14.2.1 is already out? Missed GW 14.2.1 also GW 14.2.1 HP1 as it was not in the patchfeed:

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

laurabuckley;2438381 wrote:
Hi,

Cheers,

I got the same error "Failure parsing soap response. Response string: None; Exception: Type not found: 'gwt:shareTree'" .
I followed your advice and used the MISC option FOLDERRESET
Then did a reinitialize of the user and this fixed it.

Thank you !
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You are welcome. Glad to be of assistance 🙂
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.