Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shared Calendar with iCal option?

Administration is on a major push to provide additional communication with parents and students. Part of the request I have received is to have school calendars that multiple staff members can add items to and edit as well as have that calendar available to be used as a iCal or web calendar. I have seen reference to Resource as a possible options. I am rather new to GroupWise so am unsure if this will work.

I need the calendar to do the following.
1. Have staff member capable of adding and editing calendar events.
2. Publish the calendar to the web site for the public to view.
3. If possible have it be a iCal subscribed calendar for those members of the public that wish to do that.

I can also see teachers wanting to publish calendars they have to their personal portion of the website the school has. Is this easy to do? What are the limitations they would run into?

Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Shared Calendar with iCal option?

Hi,

Perhaps you want to take a look at the Calendar Publishing component of GroupWise.

You could setup a Resource, giving multiple people the ability of updating it. Then you publish the calendar to the internet via the Calendar Publishing Host.

Perhaps this is a good starting place: http://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2012/gw2012_guide_admin/data/bc17e7q.html

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the link. I did some investigating this morning on this and it looks like they had this setup as a full client before. Since it isn't being used currently I think I will just delete the existing set and recreate using the Resource method you have stated.

Thanks for the link!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

You can use the existing account - you don't HAVE to use a Resource for Calendar Publishing to work. I just find it easier to have a resource and give the necessary people proxy access. Also, a resource does not need a license.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.