Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shared folders on accounts

I am looking for a good way to list accounts in our GroupWise system that has shared folders under it. We have allot of accounts that are no longer around and want to remove them, but first want to make sure there aren't shared folders tied to them. Once I can list out the accounts that have shared folders, we can decide if they still used or not and go from there. Looking for suggestions on best way to attack this issue.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Shared folders on accounts

Hi,

All that I can think of is Riva Reports for GroupWise: http://www.omni-ts.com/messaging.html

They do shared folder reporting. I'm sure that there are other tools and that others will contribute to this thread 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 16:56:03 GMT, jlewter
<jlewter@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>
>I am looking for a good way to list accounts in our GroupWise system
>that has shared folders under it. We have allot of accounts that are no
>longer around and want to remove them, but first want to make sure there
>aren't shared folders tied to them. Once I can list out the accounts
>that have shared folders, we can decide if they still used or not and go
>from there. Looking for suggestions on best way to attack this issue.

Dave Parkes' Shariff (can be found at caledonia.net) is a Shared
Folder Maintenance program. I find it quite handy. Not sure if it
will just produce a list of accounts with shared folders, but it will
do things such as move a shared folder from one account to another.
Worth checking into at least.

Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yeah, I saw that one, but kind of pricy for what I am trying to do.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Perhaps JRB can assist with one of their utilities: http://www.jrbsoftware.com/jrbutils_nw/choosing/groupwise/

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jlewter;2302383 wrote:
I am looking for a good way to list accounts in our GroupWise system that has shared folders under it. We have allot of accounts that are no longer around and want to remove them, but first want to make sure there aren't shared folders tied to them. Once I can list out the accounts that have shared folders, we can decide if they still used or not and go from there. Looking for suggestions on best way to attack this issue.

This can be done with the GroupWise object API and VBScript. This code when run using cscript.exe will list the shared and with which they are shared for the currently logged in GroupWise account. I have not tested this using GroupWise 2012 but it works well with GroupWise 8.x.

[INDENT]listFolders.vbs

option explicit

dim GWApplication
dim GWAccount

set GWApplication = CreateObject("NovellGroupwareSession")
set GWAccount = GWApplication.Login()

WalkFolders GWAccount.RootFolder, ""

set GWAccount = Nothing

sub WalkFolders (Folder, PathName)

[INDENT]dim i

if Folder.Folders.Count > 0 then
[INDENT]for i = 1 to Folder.Folders.Count
[INDENT]wscript.echo PathName & "/" & Folder.Folders.Item(i).name
walkFolders Folder.Folders.Item(i), PathName & "/" & Folder.Folders.Item(i).name[/INDENT]
next[/INDENT]
end if[/INDENT]

end sub[/INDENT]

The output is comma separated value and can be redirected into a file which can be imported into a spreadsheet or database for analysis and reporting.

Iterating through multiple users is done using a trusted application key and the multilogin method. If there is interest I can post sample code.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.