Highlighted
Vivien2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sharing a Groupwise address book group

My user has created an address book with an number of address groups in it. The Book is shared as a read only share to a number of users. When ever a new name has been added to the shared address group the users who have been shared it do not see the new additions to the group.
Thanks for any help
Viv
Labels (2)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Sharing a Groupwise address book group

Hi Viv,

Are the users (both the owner of the shared address book and the folk with whom the address book is shared) on the same post office?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Vivien2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No not all of them
Viv
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Viv,

For clarification purposes.... the folk who are on the same post office - do they also have missing entries?

I ask as if it's only the cross-post office users, then there's something wrong with the prime user database and that is where we will need to focus our repairs.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Vivien2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have 2 domains, 5 post Offices on one domain and one post office the other remote domain. I have done some cross testing and it appears it is only the user on the remote domain PO which is not receiving the updates.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Viv,

Then it is the Prime User database. Here are some instructions on fixing this type of issue: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7002364

Please let us know if this solves your issue.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Vivien2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Thanks for your help I am running the GWCheck now
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Viv,

In addition to the TID that I gave you, please let us know what version of GroupWise 8 is running on your back end.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Vivien2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi We have groupWise ver 8.00.03 on OES Netware 6.5. I am still running through the fix you have kindly pointed me to, is this a one of need because of corruption or is it needed to be done each time there is an update to the address group, pls
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Apologies for the slow response!

The issue that you are experiencing is a bug in GroupWise 8 - I would suggest an upgrade to SP3.

This type of issue is typically a corruption in the prime user database and should not have to be run each time there is a change - but please report back if it continues to be an issue.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.