jbergenmesa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Strange subject line

I am running Data Synchronizer 1.1.2 Build 428 and I have one user who is reporting a strange problem. He has an iTouch 8G with software version 3.1.3 7E18 and whenever he sends an email from his device it seems to encode the subject line and pass that through.

For example he sent me a test message with the subject of:

Test from itouch

When I received the message, in the GroupWise client it came through as:

=?us-ascii;?B?VGVzdCBmcm9tIGl0b3VjaA====?=

This only started happening after I updated the server to the newest build. I have verified that it is not occurring with an iPhone 3GS 4.0 (8A293) and I have not had any other reports from other users. He is unable to upgrade the software on his iTouch as it is one of the original ones. I have also turned off the HTML email setting on the GroupWise connector with no success.

The subject line looks correct when viewed on the iPhone or the iTouch however they show the ascii information when viewed on the GroupWise client or WebAccess. Thanks for your help.

Jeremy
Labels (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
romz169 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Strange subject line

I just got a user that is experiencing the same problem. The user I have is doing this from an i-phone. Any ideas on how to fix this?
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

romz169 wrote:

> I just got a user that is experiencing the same problem. The user I
> have is doing this from an i-phone. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Which iPhone, and which version of iOS?

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
smittyc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have a user with the same issue.

iPhone 3G with the latest iOS firmware, removing the email account from the phone and the server hasn't fixed it.

Strangely in some cases when viewing these emails on another iphone the subject displays correctly..
0 Likes
dprill Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Seeing the same issue here after upgrading to build 428 on Tuesday. User has an iPhone 3, iOS version 3.1.3 (7E18).
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

smittyc wrote:

> iPhone 3G with the latest iOS firmware,

And by latest iOS firmware, which specific version is it?

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
johnehurst Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have a user here w/ an iPhone 3gs running ios 3.12 firmware 05.11.07
0 Likes
Highlighted
tneumann Contributor.
Contributor.

We also have this Problem after upgrading last week but with HTC Desire HD.
I´ve requested the fixes from TID7008709 and TID7008886 - no answer yet - hopefully they will help
0 Likes
johnehurst Absent Member.
Absent Member.

johnehurst;2117487 wrote:
We have a user here w/ an iPhone 3gs running ios 3.12 firmware 05.11.07

UPDATE: The only user I had w/ the garbled subject line problem upgraded their iPhone to the latest IOS and is now working fine.
0 Likes
RLMILLIES Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have a few HTC EVO Shift PG06100 phones and they too are having garbled subject lines when forwarding emails as an attachment. We are running the latest patch for Datasync and the phones firmware and software show up to date as well. Is there a work around for this or is there a patch for Datasync coming out that will correct this?

Just wondering,
Ken@rlmrlm.com

0 Likes
Bob-O-Rama
Visitor.

Its Base-64 encoded unicode:

"?VGVzdCBmcm9tIGl0b3VjaA====?=" --> "Test from itouc"

So the question is: does the mail app on the phone support this. Apparently not.

Is this when sending messages from mobile devices?

-- Bob
0 Likes
RLMILLIES Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yeah,

When the user forwards an email out to whom ever, internal or external from their phone.

Ken@rlmrlm.com

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.