Highlighted
Visitor.

String Table file not found after patching to sp2

Patched GW from 14 sp1 to sp2
Running into issue on Webaccess
OES 11.2 (Sles 11.3)

After running install and then configure and restarting apache2 and novell-tomcat6 get the following error when opening webaccess:

string table file not found: css.Css.Resources.Exception encountered while generating HTML:

The admin console for Webaccess is running and reports I am at 14.0.2
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: String Table file not found after patching to sp2

Hi,

Some time ago, I can't remember when, I ran into a similar problem "String table not found....."

I simply shut down apache and tomcat and ran the installation again and that sorted it out for me. Not too sure if doing the same will work for you, but it is a quick thing to try.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

No luck. I used to have Retain as a snap-in. Have since removed and have sent an email off to them to determine if there is still remnants of code causing issue.

I cannot find any documentation on how to completely uninstall webaccess and reinstall. Do you know of any?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

apache location /etc/apache2/conf.d

but should tomcat be /var/opt/novell/tomcat6 or /var/opt/novell/tomcat6/webapps for the configure section?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

was issue with Retain snapin, I actually reinstalled after upgrading and then removed again to get it to work
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

As long as everything is working for you correctly then I am happy 🙂 Thank you for letting us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.