mfaust Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sync existing contacts from Mobile to GW

Hi,

I noted that existing contacts (before initial sync) on the Mobile (in my case a Nokia E71, Mail for Exchange 3.0) are not getting synced to GroupWise.
According to the log on the mobile they were synced to the Data Synchronizer, but from there not to GroupWise.
Creating a new contact syncs fine.
Modifying a previously existing contact reports a sync on the mobile, but nothing in GroupWise.

It might not be the regular case to do a inital sync more from mobile to GW but if a user is added the first time with a lot of contacts in his mobile and would like to have them in GroupWise it would be cool if it works...

Mathias
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
jfosterqa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sync existing contacts from Mobile to GW

Did you really see them go from the device to the server? What device are you using. I know the iPhone and Android phones all keep separate contact lists for instances when there is an exchange server added. When you add subsequent contacts it will ask you which list to add them too. If they did initially sync then it would be something we could look at. If not the problem is the connectors see modifies without prior adds as a possible issue so they drop those modifies. So that is probably what is happening to your modifies.
0 Likes
mfaust Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am using a Nokia E71 with 'Mail for Exchange 3.0'. I double checked just now and, voila, all contacts from the Mobile are now in the Frequent Contacts book of the GW user. On the first day there was nothing, maybe it took quite a while for the Datasync engine to create them in the address book.
For MfE I used the 'Inital Sync' setting 'Keep phone Items'.
Also on the Nokia E71, there is only one contact list, but it has a setting 'synchronization', have to play with that one to understand it...
0 Likes
warper2 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Funny I was testing yesterday for creating new contacts on winmo phone and it did sink right away. Just had a heck of a time finding where. It did the sync to my Frequent contacts. This does not seem to be correct. I also noticed the other day when I was setting up the winmo device that it actually brought all my Frequent contacts down to the device. I went in and checked to make sure and it was not setup for to sync Freq contacts. It still is not. Now it does not sync them but as I agree that it will put new ones in Freq contacts this just does not seem right.

Thanks
0 Likes
mfaust Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was actually referring to contacts that existed on the phone before synchronization (not new ones). New ones also synced fairly fast.
For the frequent contacts, yes that is a bit odd, but I had the Frequent contacts included in the address book 'to sync' list, so I was not that surprised.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.