Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

System Admin Cannot login to POA console

Running Gw 18.1.1 133172 on Sles 12 SP3 OES 2018. We have recently migrated our POs to these new servers with new iPs/DNS names with the intention of upgrading to 18.2.

Running into an odd issue . I have several users configured as System Administators in GWAC including myself, and  I can login to GWAC and all the MTA and POA consoles with my account. One user cannot. He can login to the MTA console but not any of the POAs. He can login to GWAC as an admin. As far as we know this just started happening. The other two system admins are on holidays so I can't check with them yet, but I did add another account to the system admins in GWAC and same thing. Can access the GWAC, login to MTA console but none of the POAs. I tried rebuilding a POA to see if that would fix it but no luck.

The POA start up files do not specify the httpusername/password - all that is configured in the GWAC. That user can login to POA console readonly mode as expected.

I'm not sure what else to check or look at or why its behaving this way?

0 Likes
19 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Yes. I checked a few POs and they all had that entry:
12:30:42 9DB7 ADM: Completed: Update object in post office -  Access Control  (Administrator: gwadmin.TBH_GW, Domain: TBH)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Running out of ideas...

If i were you i'd

- climb to current code first and retry. If this doesn't help i'd

- try a top-down-rebuild. Last resort would be to

- raise a SR to have someone look into the DBs.

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I agree, please raise an SR in any case.

Thanks

Tarik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Two more questions: if you add a user from let's say "po5" as system administrator, can you login with this account to the web console of "po5"?

And if a login fails, does it fail immediately or does it take a few seconds 'til you get back to the "enter account and credentials" box?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

No .. 😞 the account cannot login to its own PO. Its a system admin.. so
I even just tried to make another test account a PO admin for its own PO and tried to login and it doesn't work either.
And it's pretty quick to get the prompt again to login to the console.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@squartec 

I think it is time to raise an SR.

Thanks

Tarik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Too bad, Would have been a nice explanation as the POA you're trying to access has to perform a C/S login to the PO owning the user in question (to verify the credentials). If that fails (e.g. due to some sort of firewalling, or even because the C/S cannot be resolved) the login to the console will fail, too. But you'd observe a delay then.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks, we are planning to move to 18.2.1 in a month or so, so if that doesn't fix the issue I'll submit an SR.
Thanks for your help.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.