Highlighted
New Member.

System Contact Folder not displayed

Morning All,

Latest version of messenger 303.

Crated a Folder "CustomerCareCentre" with all the relevant users added to it, create this is the default policy, but i notice it displays on all of the policies which is good .. BUT the Folder is not displayed on the clients contacts... even after i have restarted the agent, and users re-login .... we are busy deploying this to THOUSANDS of users .. the aim is 17k our GW count...

Any Ideas?..

BTW if i lock this is the policy settiings does this mean users wont be able to add their own folders/contacts?

AND this in the log file stil not fixed?.

B70 SPL Request (Get Other Status) [0xB106]: CN=******,OU=PWK,OU=Users,OU=POT,O=NWPG - Host is unknown to system

Kind Regards,

Thys
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: System Contact Folder not displayed

Hi Thys,

Please see the bit under point G. here: https://www.novell.com/documentation/novell_messenger30/messenger30_admin/data/akpgl0q.html#akpgll5

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

HI Laura
Good and you?.. thanx .... ok so if users already had a folder i can not add a "system" folder for them which they wil see?... they will never see it? ..that is what i am reading? ..but i im pretty sure even the new new users don't see it, was on site yesterday and asked a user to look, wanted to see if he had it...and it was not there..just cant rememebr if he had his own folders yet ... will try and walk around and look for it..

then the lock button, the documentation talks as if each flder has it "own lock button" .. but on my system it's a GLOBAL lock button, that why i wondered if this is only for the system folders? ... and dont wont user not to be able to add their own folders..

Thanx sofar ..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Thys,

I'm well, thank you 🙂

The system folders will roll out to any user who has not created a contact list - I've tested this extensively. If they have added a contact then no it won't roll out.

As for the Lock button - that's effective per Option. Note I said Option not folder 😉 Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Laura,

Ok jsut tested ..

I have my "own contacts and contact folders" ... if i add a system folder but DO NOT select to lock button, nothing happens, my contatc/folders as as is ... BUT when i "lock" the cpntact Folders after restart and re-login, i ONLY see the system folders?.. so it seems all or nothing .. either i "force" the system contact's folder by locking contacts in C1 for the policy , or i cannot inforce a "system folder" AND allow users to add their own contacts/folders.. it seems one or the other not both?

Kind Regards, Thys
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Thys,

Indeed it's one or the other but not both.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

laurabuckley;2465519 wrote:
Hi Thys,

Indeed it's one or the other but not both.

Cheers,

Thanx Laura, Well that is a shame.... would have been create if i could give our customer services contact to everybody .. AND allow them to add their own folders/contacts ...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

tdebeer;2465543 wrote:
Thanx Laura, Well that is a shame.... would have been create if i could give our customer services contact to everybody .. AND allow them to add their own folders/contacts ...

That sounds like a great idea. Why don't you suggest it as an enhancement?

There are already a lot of great ideas that have been suggested. If you see some that would be useful in your environment, you should vote for them.
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.