anthonywhill Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Temp Files

Hi,
We have upgraded our Windows GroupWise Servers to the latest version 2014 R2.
On one of our servers there is a directory on the disk we store GroupWise

D:\po-01\wptemp

This directory has a lot of .tmp files dating back to 2012.
What is this directory?
Can these files (all or partial) be deleted?

Could someone please point me in the direction to have a read about these, etc?

Thanks.

Regards,

Anthony
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Temp Files

Hi Anthony,

I can find no mention of a wptemp directory in any of the documentation nor in the knowledge base.

Here's what I suggest you do - shut down the Post Office, rename the directory, start the Post Office and see if this directory is recreated (the POA will always recreate any directories it needs if they are not there).

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
anthonywhill Absent Member.
Absent Member.

laurabuckley;2427271 wrote:
Hi Anthony,

I can find no mention of a wptemp directory in any of the documentation nor in the knowledge base.

Here's what I suggest you do - shut down the Post Office, rename the directory, start the Post Office and see if this directory is recreated (the POA will always recreate any directories it needs if they are not there).

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Sorry I meant to type oftemp.
0 Likes
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I would really suggest what Laura already said, to rename that folder and see if it is recreated on a POA restart.

Do you or did you have a third party scanner? Barracuda or GWAVA? I feel like I recall one of those creating files there..

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Here's the official definition of the oftemp directory:

oftemp directory
The oftemp subdirectory in the post office holds various temporary files such as the MIME files
created during access by IMAP email clients.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hmm are we talking about oftemp, or wptemp? I still can't find much (or anything) on a wptemp for the PO directory.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Shane,

Anthony confirmed the following above:

Sorry I meant to type oftemp.

Hence my post about what the oftemp directory is used for.

Hope that this clarifies things?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oh wow - somehow missed that.. earlier post can be disregarded then. >.>

Hah thanks Laura!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.