Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2332 views

The Groupwise WebAccess can be recognize after install

HI All,

After install the groupwise webaccess, I try to configure webaccess, this error shows
"GroupWise WebAccess is not installed. Please install it and run GroupWise WebAccess Configuration again"

I enable proxy module already.

Could you tell me how to debug this case?

Regards,
Ndhuynh
Labels (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: The Groupwise WebAccess can be recognize after install

ndhuynh wrote:

> After install the groupwise webaccess, I try to configure webaccess, this
> error shows "GroupWise WebAccess is not installed. Please install it and run
> GroupWise WebAccess Configuration again"


Is this Linux? Windows? Have you attempted to install WebAccess again just to
be certain?

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Upgrading to GroupWise 2014? We've got you covered
http://www.caledonia.net/store

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: The Groupwise WebAccess can be recognize after install

dzanre;2315761 wrote:

Is this Linux? Windows? Have you attempted to install WebAccess again just to
be certain?


Thank you for your reply, dzanre!

Linux, SLES 11 SP3 with minimum installation.
I tried 3 times with another server.
After install Webaccess, I checked in the apache configuration and there is nothing related to webaccess like what i saw in groupwise 2012.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: The Groupwise WebAccess can be recognize after install

ndhuynh;2315839 wrote:
Thank you for your reply, dzanre!

Linux, SLES 11 SP3 with minimum installation.
I tried 3 times with another server.
After install Webaccess, I checked in the apache configuration and there is nothing related to webaccess like what i saw in groupwise 2012.



Updated: I have just installed webaccess 2014 successfull in the upgraded system(from 2012 to 2014) .

So I think the webaccess needs more requirement than ibm java 6 and apache2 & tomcat6.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: The Groupwise WebAccess can be recognize after install

ndhuynh wrote:

> So I think the webaccess needs more requirement than ibm java 6 and apache2 &
> tomcat6.


The only requirements I am aware of are:

Apache 2.2 plus:
•
Tomcat 6.0 or later (this will be added by the GroupWise installation routine if
required.)
•
IBM Java 6 Runtime Environment (JRE)
•
ModProxy Module


--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Upgrading to GroupWise 2014? We've got you covered
http://www.caledonia.net/store

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: The Groupwise WebAccess can be recognize after install

They are installed in my system already over webacc installation.
about modproxy_module, I checked and saw proxy, proxy_connect, proxy_http are enable in apache.

do you have any advice?

dzanre;2315941 wrote:

Apache 2.2 plus:
•
Tomcat 6.0 or later (this will be added by the GroupWise installation routine if
required.)
•
IBM Java 6 Runtime Environment (JRE)
•
ModProxy Module

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: The Groupwise WebAccess can be recognize after install

ndhuynh wrote:

> do you have any advice?


I would open a service request with Novell at this point. I don't have any
further advice. Sorry!

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Upgrading to GroupWise 2014? We've got you covered
http://www.caledonia.net/store

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: The Groupwise WebAccess can be recognize after install

dzanre;2316003 wrote:

I would open a service request with Novell at this point. I don't have any
further advice. Sorry!


Hi dzanze, any news? do you need the details what i have set up?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: The Groupwise WebAccess can be recognize after install

ndhuynh wrote:

> Hi dzanze, any news? do you need the details what i have set up?


I have no news. I suggested that you open a Service Request. I cannot do that
for you.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Upgrading to GroupWise 2014? We've got you covered
http://www.caledonia.net/store

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: The Groupwise WebAccess can be recognize after install

Normally the /etc/opt/novell/groupwise/webaccess/gw.conf is sym linked into /etc/apache2/conf.d/gw.conf

But it depends on your apache setup as I yank that out and embed it in my ssl vhosts one.....

Make sure in /etc/sysconfig/apache2 that APACHE_MODULES has the necessary modules loaded too....

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: The Groupwise WebAccess can be recognize after install

Also check your /srv/tomcat/webapps/ directory and make sure the war's have extracted.... I've found that they can fail extraction because of the MANIFEST file (see catalina.out)

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: The Groupwise WebAccess can be recognize after install

ScorpionSting;2316899 wrote:
Normally the /etc/opt/novell/groupwise/webaccess/gw.conf is sym linked into /etc/apache2/conf.d/gw.conf

But it depends on your apache setup as I yank that out and embed it in my ssl vhosts one.....

Make sure in /etc/sysconfig/apache2 that APACHE_MODULES has the necessary modules loaded too....


- I tried:
cd /etc/opt/novell/groupwise/webaccess/
cp gw.conf.sample gw.conf
ln -s /etc/opt/novell/groupwise/webaccess/gw.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/
gw.conf.sample

- start apache2 -> failed and the mod_jk is required to start apache2,
so I added mod_jk and start apache2

- This is my /etc/sysconfig/apache2
APACHE_MODULES="authz_host actions alias auth_basic authz_groupfile authn_file authz_user autoindex cgi dir include log_config mime negotiation setenvif status userdir asis imagemap proxy proxy_connect proxy_http reqtimeout authz_default jk"

My apache2 log:
[Tue May 06 17:00:14 2014] [error] [client 10.10.20.216] File does not exist: /srv/www/htdocs/wc
[Tue May 06 17:00:17 2014] [error] [client 10.10.20.216] File does not exist: /opt/novell/groupwise/webaccess/gw


- and

Novell GroupWise WebAccess 14.0.0-115243
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────


GroupWise WebAccess Configuration
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GroupWise WebAccess is not installed. Please install it and run GroupWise
WebAccess Configuration again.

Press any key to continue.



ScorpionSting;2316900 wrote:
Also check your /srv/tomcat/webapps/ directory and make sure the war's have extracted.... I've found that they can fail extraction because of the MANIFEST file (see catalina.out)


ll /srv/tomcat/webapps/
ls: cannot access /srv/tomcat/webapps/: No such file or directory

nothing here . 😞
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.