Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

The icons that appear next to items in Mailbox disappearing

I have had users complaining of this odd occurrence - their icons beside their mailbox in the GW client are sometimes disappearing. Running GW 18.1.1 133172 on Win 10 64 bit workstation.

You can see the what I mean in the attachment below..a restart generally brings them back - but WHY is it disappearing in the first place. And it is random, I've run checks on user accounts and they come up clean.

Anyone else experience this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: The icons that appear next to items in Mailbox disappearing

What else is running on the workstation at the time these disappear?  It could be a memory issue or a video card issue.  Make sure that the workstation has the latest patches and the video drivers are up to date.

Pam

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

It is a newly deployed Windows 10 box, but I can have the support techs check his configuration.

Interestingly enough, he was using GW 2014 default views for settings and we switched it to use the defaults it hasn't happened this week - but will keep monitoring .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I do believe I've seen this before and that it was fixed in a newer build of the client.

BUG#1117927 - fixed in build 133236 and later.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.