Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Thunderbird lightning Import Network Calendar

Jump to solution

Hi everybody,

I hope, I am here in the right forum / sub-forum. Otherwise please notify me or move the topic to the right one, please.

My university uses Groupwise 18 as E-Mail client. I am used to Thunderbird + Lightning Addon to combine my e-mails (private and work-related) in one software. It is working well.

Now, I want to implement our groupwise calendar to Thunderbird Lightning (68.7.0., 32 bit), but I cannot figure out how to do it.

Do you have an idea, how to export the groupwise calendar not only as .ics, but as network calendar, so I can use it online in Thunderbird Lightning?

Thanks.
Best,

Michael

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Another possibility is CalDav/CardDav - especially if you need more than a subscription.

However it is similar to Publishing Host - the administrator has to install, configure and allow it.

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Knowledge Partner

This is merely a backend thing. If the admins have installed the "Calendar Publishing Host" component, it should be possible to subscribe to your calendar right away.

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Another possibility is CalDav/CardDav - especially if you need more than a subscription.

However it is similar to Publishing Host - the administrator has to install, configure and allow it.

Diethmar Rimser

View solution in original post

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Thanks, it was not that easy to get the correct link to the calendar, but now it works.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

https://www.uni-regensburg.de/rechenzentrum/it-services/e-mail/caldav-und-carddav/index.html

Your university usually has pretty good docs. Generally an excellent network.

If you like it: like it.
Knowledge Partner
Unfortunately I can raise only one thumb. Edmund (and Regensburg) delivers excellent helpers and information ...
Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.