Highlighted
regischapman Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Trusted Application key format/location?

I have created a trusted application key, and it gave it to me on the screen, which I have copied into a text file.

I understand that this is needed for GMS but is there some standard for location on the GMS side?

What about on the Groupwise side?

Do I need to copy that file from the Groupwise Server into the new server? Is just a .txt file enough?

Can it go anywhere on the target machine?

I am being asked questions about this during the GMS install, and I know for other applications I've used (especially ones with databases), it often ACTS like it can be put anywhere and in any format, but REALLY it wants the file in a specific format and in a specific place. I'm looking to avoid these problems, where possible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Trusted Application key format/location?

Hi,

Personally I create a separate directory on my GMS server and store things like the trusted app key and a copy of the certificate files so it's easy to copy to a new server.  I've never had GMS requiring the trusted app key to be in any specific location - during my GMS installations I point to the key in that separate directory.  As to the format, I make the file name the same as the key name and I do not add an extension to the file.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Trusted Application key format/location?

No specific extension needed. I ususally don't use one at all, but if you want to name it let's say "lalala.key" you'll be fine.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.