Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Trying to install support pack 14.2.2 - webacess hangs

I am in the process of converting an GW8 Netware based Groupwise to GW2014R2 on Windows 2012R2 server. I have not finished the conversion, still in test mode. I noticed that there was a 14.2.2 support pack which I wanted to install. I brought up server.exe on the support pack and did the Groupwise server install of the support pack, no trouble. Then I attempted to install the support pack for webaccess. It goes along and pops up a CMD window indicating that it is configuring Tomcat and to wait that it may take a while. I went to a meeting for 1 1/2 hours and it was still at the same spot, CMD window sitting with the message. I cancelled it and retried. I waited 20 minutes and then cancelled it again. The webserver (IIS) is stopped. All of the agents are stopped.

I have tried to reinstall webaccess from 14.2.0 (initial version), but it just completes immediately, without doing anything. I tried renaming the folder where the software is installed to webaccess.old, hoping to convince the 14.2.0 install that webaccess did not exist on the server, i.e, a new install. This didn't work.

So, now I am between a rock and a hard place. I can't install the support pack for webaccess and I can't remove webaccess. So, I have no idea where anything stands.

How can I get this service pack installed?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi flakestar,

Have you installed ISAPI for IIS?

See here: https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014r2/gw2014_guide_install/data/inst_req_admin_web_server.html

I have reported that at the end of the page the link to the MS site is missing so I suggest just Googling it.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Thanks for reading this post. I rebooted the server and then attempted to update webaccess with support pack 14.2.2 and it worked correctly.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi flakestar,

Glad that it's all working for you now. Thanks for reporting back 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Am 12.04.2017 um 22:06 schrieb flakestar:
>
> Thanks for reading this post. I rebooted the server and then attempted
> to update webaccess with support pack 14.2.2 and it worked correctly.
>
>

Had to do the same under SLES 11.
Meanwhile I think, it was the browser cache...

Go

--
Gotthard Anger
Anwenderbetreuung Netzwerkadministration
Landeskirchenamt der EKM
gotthardanger@no-mx.forums.novell.com
http://forums.novell.com/member.php?u=35038
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.