holub457 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Trying to move from Netware to SLES - not able to ncpmount

Trying to follow instructions as set forth in Caledonia manual to do what I thought would be an easy move of domain and post office to SLES 11.1. No such luck. Apparently the ncpmount fails because no ncpfs files are installed? Nothing appears to be on the DVD that came with new Dell server that would install ncpfs. There is an NCPFS directory under .../kernal/fs. ... So, can't run dbcopy. ... I have manually copied the entire post office files to new server, and if not for the need to convert them to lower case I probably could use them as is and install agent. I tried to run dbcopy against the manually copied files and got an error. I thought about manually changing each file to lower case, but only until I figured it would be impossible to do. ... Help and advise greatly appreciated. I either need a batch way to change all files to lower case, or a way to map and mount to the netware files.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Trying to move from Netware to SLES - not able to ncpmount

holub457 wrote:

> Nothing appears to be on the DVD that came with new Dell
> server that would install ncpfs.

This is most likely in the "SDK" DVD (it was for SLES 10), as it doesn't ship on
the main DVD any longer. Try
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=fQKpDcAhPVY

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Upgrading to GroupWise 2012?
http://www.caledonia.net/gw12upg.html
0 Likes
holub457 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Trying to move from Netware to SLES - not able to ncpmou

Thanks Danita. I did find and download the "SDK" DVD and it does have the needed files. However, I get a warning that installing will "break" my system. Too scary for me, so I have decided not to install. ... My Groupwise 8 Netware server was giving an Abend (which I have since corrected). Need to move files is not so urgent since fixed old server. So ... instead of messing with ncpfs, since samba links to the Netware server (it is all set for Windows 7 access without network client), I intend on weekend to just unload agents, copy all domain and post office files to SLES, then run DBcopy with -l switch to make everything lower case, and configure agents on new server. Then load gwia and webaccess on new server. ... I'm assuming my plan will work, but simple plans somehow often fail. ... If it won't work this way, any heads up would be appreciated.
0 Likes
holub457 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Trying to move from Netware to SLES - not able to ncpmou

Just fyi - I went ahead and installed the ncpfs stuff from the "SDK" DVD and nothing did "break".
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Trying to move from Netware to SLES - not able to ncpmount

holub457 wrote:

> Just fyi - I went ahead and installed the ncpfs stuff from the "SDK" DVD and
> nothing did "break".

Yeah - I was going to say "don't believe it" - but you found that out yourself.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Upgrading to GroupWise 2012?
http://www.caledonia.net/gw12upg.html
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.