Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
blewis12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Type MA???

When we open groupwise 2014 monitor, our gateway mta shows the following:

Status Status Duration Name Type Up Time Closed Links Queued Platform Version
Normal 5 days, 21:06 Gate MA 5 days, 21:06 0 1 Linux 14.0.1 (08-12-14)

My question is what is MA? Shoudn't that be MTA? Also, the up time shows as 5 days when in actuality the Gate MTA has been up for over 35 days. Just don't know if this is an indicator of an underlying problem or that the Monitor is just reporting inaccurate information or reading the wrong agent? The reason I ask this is because it (the MA) is reporting the exact same up times as our primary domain and post office agent.......(see below)

Normal 5 days, 21:11 ourdom MTA 5 days, 21:11 0 0 Linux 14.0.1 (08-12-14)
Normal 5 days, 21:11 ourpo.ourdom POA 5 days, 21:11 N/A N/A Linux 14.0.1 (08-12-14)

TIA,

Ben
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Type MA???

Hi Ben,

I've just checked my GroupWise monitor in FireFox, Chrome and IE10 - GroupWise 2014 SP1 - same release date as yours. My domain shows up as MTA.

By any chance did you manually add this agent to your Monitor for monitoring or was it automatically detected by the system?

Let us know,

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
blewis12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Laura,

We did not add it manually, it was detected by the system.

laurabuckley;2340632 wrote:
Hi Ben,

I've just checked my GroupWise monitor in FireFox, Chrome and IE10 - GroupWise 2014 SP1 - same release date as yours. My domain shows up as MTA.

By any chance did you manually add this agent to your Monitor for monitoring or was it automatically detected by the system?

Let us know,

Cheers,
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Gosh Ben!

I recommend that you open a Service Request with Novell Technical Support - I'm sure that they can sort it out for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
blewis12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Laura,

After opening an SR with Novell, we were told it was purely a "cosmetic" issue after they analyzed our wpdomain.db. Guess it's just going to have to be a "Type MA" for now. Maybe the next SP will fix it......

laurabuckley;2340708 wrote:
Gosh Ben!

I recommend that you open a Service Request with Novell Technical Support - I'm sure that they can sort it out for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Ben,

Did NTS write up a bug and give you a bug number for this?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
blewis12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Laura,

No, we didn't get any of the info from our tech. However, my client figured out it's not a bug at all! Apparently 2014 has a Monitor Agent that you can set up. Section 84.5.1 of the GW 2014 Admin Guide:

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014/gw2014_guide_admin/data/admin_mon_use_accounting_data.html

My client removed a portion of the monitor.xml file to get rid of it and reconfigured what monitor was actually "looking" at so it would monitor the MTA since we didn't have an external monitor domain set up and he didn't really care to have that feature/functionality. So, it appears there is a "Monitor Agent (Type=MA). Still not sure why Monitor picked up/added the MA when we didn't have our system configured for that, but figured I'd post in case someone else has the same question.

laurabuckley;2341155 wrote:
Hi Ben,

Did NTS write up a bug and give you a bug number for this?

Cheers,
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Just for the record, you don't need an external monitor domain in order to run Monitor. That's only required if you are wanting additional accounting features.

I set up Monitor for a client only yesterday - run the install, run the config - point it to the primary domain and away you go. No need to fiddle with the xml files. Just my two cents worth!

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.