Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
taphillips Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to Send Messages with compose view set to html

We have webaccess agent 8.0.2 running on OES SLES 10 sp3.
In the past few days webaccess users cannot send email when compose view is set to html. They will be redirected back to the address bar to input an address even though there is already and address listed. Some will get the message "you must specify a recipient to send to" It will send ok when set to plain text.
It happens across all operating systems and different browsers and versions I have tried so far.
I did find and old reference to this problem, but it had to do with an older agent working against a newer post office.
This seemed to happen quite suddenly. We have had several power outages in the last week or so but the server has not gone down.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tom
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to Send Messages with compose view set to html

In the old way of things - what did change?

Look at the WebAccess on the HTTP view - how long does it say that it
has been up?

rpm -qa novell-group What version

What does the POA report?

If this has all got squirrely rcgrpwise stop, rcapache2 stop and
rctomcat5 stop (then restart them again in reverse order)

T

On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 19:26:02 GMT, taphillips
<taphillips@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>
>We have webaccess agent 8.0.2 running on OES SLES 10 sp3.
>In the past few days webaccess users cannot send email when compose
>view is set to html. They will be redirected back to the address bar to
>input an address even though there is already and address listed. Some
>will get the message "you must specify a recipient to send to" It will
>send ok when set to plain text.
>It happens across all operating ystems and different browsers and
>versions I have tried so far.
>I did find and old reference to this problem, but it had to do with an
>older agent working against a newer post office.
>This seemed to happen quite suddenly. We have had several power outages
>in the last week or so but the server has not gone down.
>Any ideas?
>Thanks,
>Tom

0 Likes
taphillips Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I did try and restart the modules as you said. Apache2 wouldn't start. The problem was the /tmp was almost full. I cleaned it up a bit and all is well again.
Thanks for the advice!
Tom
0 Likes
chuckbowler Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am experiencing the same problem, but only with IE9 and W7 Pro. I must set to IE7 Brower compatablity mode to even see the email. When I compose a text box appears which I fill in. Then it tells me that I must add a sender. From that point on, I'm stuck in that error loop. Our tech people are at a loss an experiencing the same problems. On my XP machines, everything works fine!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.