d3b14n Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to connect to GW with soap

hey there everyone,

first up, I'm really keen on getting this to work. unfortunately I'm not able to get the MobilityPack to talk to GW using soap, regardless if I use secure or unsecure connection. I created the trusted app using C1, no prob at all, even telnetted from the sles to my GW using 7191, all smooth!!! but if I try to get the mobility pack to talk to GW it always tells me:

ERROR
Verify of trusted appplication login failed using:
Server: myserver.mydomain.com (also tried the IP, does not change a thing)
Soap Port: 7191
Application Name: DataSync

while trying to connect to GW I have RConJ running against my PO but I can't see any kind of connection attempt.

anyone got an idea on where or what to check???

thx
poldy
Labels (1)
0 Likes
32 Replies
skoerbel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to connect to GW with soap

I have the same issue, but no solution yet.

regards,
stefan
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What version POA are you using?
0 Likes
d3b14n Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dzanre;1954699 wrote:
What version POA are you using?

we're using the latest version i.e. 8.01 hp1 build 8.0.1-89145
so that should be allright I guess.
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

okay - so when you connect via SOAP from the Mobility server, what exactly do you see? Show me the telnet command:

You should get this:

telnet 192.168.100.238 7191
Trying 192.168.100.238...
Connected to 192.168.100.238.
Escape character is '^]'.

Then after a short timeout, this

HTTP/1.0 500
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 07:31:03 GMT
Server: Linux GroupWise POA 8.0.1
Content-Type: text/html
Pragma: no-cache

Connection closed by foreign host.

Is that what you see?

Danita
0 Likes
Highlighted
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

And I guess, if all else fails, try creating a new trusted app with a different name.
0 Likes
trzuskot Absent Member.
Absent Member.

leave the ip address field empty, it worked for me
0 Likes
d3b14n Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hey danita,

here's what the console says:

telnet myserver 7191
Trying 1xx.xx.x.x...
Connected to myserver.
Escape character is '^]'.
HTTP/1.0 500
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:35:27 GMT
Server: NetWare GroupWise POA 8.0.1
Content-Type: text/html
Pragma: no-cache

Connection closed by foreign host.

so this should be allright!

and affirmative on creating a new trusted app.
already did that too but with no success.
even stole a key from a trusted app that is already working and tried that one out, same result here: none 😞
tripplechecked typo's n everything, no glitches here.

getting interesting, hu???

thx for your efforts
poldy
0 Likes
d3b14n Absent Member.
Absent Member.

???

wow, ... that's voodoo!!!
how's the DataSync supposed to know what server to connect to?
tried it anyways but the installer is *****in instantly that i have to enter a valid IP address or hostname, and to be honest, I can undestand it 🙂
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

alright - so of course the only other thing I can think of is that the POA just isn't getting the info on the trusted app. Make sure the POA is on verbose logging and try setting it up again for the Mobility connector. When it goes out to log in, what do you see at the POA?
0 Likes
d3b14n Absent Member.
Absent Member.

that's it! it's not getting the info. right. if I telnet I can see a connection in RConJ, all good.
ran RIVA and GMS against that POA all good all working and all with trusted app.
POA is in verbose allright.
tried it with and without ssl, changed the soap ports cause i was curious if it deos anything, but nope, still leaves me out in the cold 😞
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Okay - delete that trusted app, wait a few, and do it again I guess! When you create the trusted app, you should see an update in the POA log for that as well.
0 Likes
trzuskot Absent Member.
Absent Member.

sorry, what i meant is when creating trusted application key, leave the ip (server) field empty, make sure spelling is correct for the application key, try soap without secure connection, also restart your poa just in case, you can already telnet into the port so this has to work
0 Likes
chris_im_foruml Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Same problem here. I think there is no problem with the trusted application key.
If you type in your information and click OK you should see a login on your POA screen, but there is nothing (verbose logging) I have some other SOAP/Trusted Key applications in my envirment. They work without any problems.
It seems that the installation program never really trys to connect the POA with the submitted entries.
Is there a log file at the installation side?

Chris

dzanre;1954762 wrote:
Okay - delete that trusted app, wait a few, and do it again I guess! When you create the trusted app, you should see an update in the POA log for that as well.
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes - you can look in the /var/log/datasync/mobilityPackInstall.log

You should see lines like this:

Fri Mar 26 14:22:10 MDT 2010: Datasync.ValidateIPorHostname:entering with name 192.168.100.238
Fri Mar 26 14:22:10 MDT 2010: Datasync.ValidateIPorHostname:data ok.
Fri Mar 26 14:22:10 MDT 2010: Datasync.VerifyTrustedAppLogin:executing: python /opt/novell/datasync/syncengine/connectors/mobility/cli/gw_login.pyc --gw=https://192.168.100.238:7191 --appname='Mobility' --key='9B018700037400008511D1E9003ADE608C0187010374000097086088A801CB14'
Fri Mar 26 14:22:12 MDT 2010: Datasync.VerifyTrustedAppLogin:return code from verify:$["exit":0, "stderr":"", "stdout":"true\n"]
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.