plaubscher Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Unable to connect with GroupWise Monitor Agent

To whom it may concern

I am running GroupWise Monitor on a SLES11 SP3 OES11 Server.After starting GroupWise Monitor, the status says running all the time ; but it does not start my agents if it goes down, thus it is not listening.

The monitor agent web console https://server_ipaddress:8200 stays available but the, monitor agent web console https://server_ipaddress/gwmon/gwmonitor page gives an error, and then I can't view any GroupWise agents anymore.The error message I get in the monitor logs, is an "Unable to connect with GroupWise Monitor Agent".

Can somebody tell me what to do next.

Regards
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to connect with GroupWise Monitor Agent

What does "rcgrpwise-ma status" say?
If you start it, does it stay up?

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Associate
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
plaubscher Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Uwe

Yes it does, but only if I use the ./gwmon --home /domain_directory command, in the /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin directory.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Take a look in the /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/share/ directory for a file called monitor.xml

What does your home path look like? Perhaps post it here.

By way of example, mine is: <HOME_PATH path="/media/nss/GWVOL/dom1" />

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.