JSwart Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to delete external groupwise domain

I have in my groupwise view an external groupwise domain that I am unable to delete. The connection type is "undefined" - the server it was on is GONE and I can't seem to get rid of it. Every time I try, I get "system link exists."

This was originally a secondary domain on a failed server. With a few suggestions I found, I was able to release the domain (which SHOULD allow me to delete it) but nothing I've tried has been able to get it OUT of the groupwise view.

Is it too much to ask for a "force delete" button?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
ukdtom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to delete external groupwise domain

C1, Tools, GW System Ops, "Ext. Sys. sync"

--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Sorry, but no support through email
Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net

Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have a similar issue, however, there are 6 domains, 2 which are at a remote site. The two domains at corporate see the external domain as gone (system link was able to be deleted) but the remote domains still show the link, and deleting it has no effect, it comes right back. The primary domain sees the remote domains as closed, yet we are able to receive mail from those domains (but not send to). I have done a rebuild of the secondary domains, thinking that copying the primary would resolve my issue, but the secondary domains still have the external domain showing. Would appreciate your thoughts?
ukdtom;1695492 wrote:
C1, Tools, GW System Ops, "Ext. Sys. sync"

--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Sorry, but no support through email
Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had a stuck domain like this - for what it's worth, while there is no "force delete" in GroupWise 2012, there are ways with GW 2014 to force a domain to delete.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.