Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1569 views

Unable to print tasklists

Hello,

We are attempting to print tasklists and have run into an issue. We have tested on two workstations and both exhibit the same issue. When doing a preview a dialog box pops up that says "Generating Page: 1". No matter how long we wait the dialog box never goes away. Has anyone run into this?


Thanks
Todd
Labels (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to print tasklists

Hi Todd,

I have no problem with doing a preview for printing tasks. You don't mention what version of the GroupWise client you are running?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to print tasklists

Thank you for the reply.

We were running 14.0.0. I have since upgraded the server to 14.0.2 and have upgraded my client to 14.0.2. These upgrades have not fixed this issue.

I've been experimenting with this a little bit. When I open the GroupWise client and go to the Tasklist the only thing that is displayed is the informational screen that starts off "Use the Tasklist folder to keep track of ......." It's not until I click out of the Tasklist and go back in that I can see my existing tasks. If I attempt to print preview the Tasklist BEFORE going into the Tasklist folder it does preview but the tasks are not shown in the preview. If I print preview the Tasklist AFTER going into the Tasklist folder GroupWise hangs and then crashes.

Here is the event from the event viewer:

Faulting application name: grpwise.exe, version: 14.0.2.30664, time stamp: 0x5588b207
Faulting module name: GWPPGWBX.DLL_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5588b164
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0d226ee0
Faulting process id: 0x3624
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0c3d66b934d12
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\GroupWise\grpwise.exe
Faulting module path: GWPPGWBX.DLL
Report Id: b0fc66c1-3078-11e5-aac6-d0df9aefaa5b

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2015-07-22T13:51:03.000000000Z

EventRecordID 15255

Channel Application

Computer ITManager

Security


- EventData

grpwise.exe
14.0.2.30664
5588b207
GWPPGWBX.DLL_unloaded
0.0.0.0
5588b164
c0000005
0d226ee0
3624
01d0c3d66b934d12
C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\GroupWise\grpwise.exe
GWPPGWBX.DLL
b0fc66c1-3078-11e5-aac6-d0df9aefaa5b




laurabuckley;2400559 wrote:
Hi Todd,

I have no problem with doing a preview for printing tasks. You don't mention what version of the GroupWise client you are running?

Cheers,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to print tasklists

Hi Todd,

Is this just one user or everyone?

Please let us know - thanks.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to print tasklists

This issue is present on two computers. Both of those computers originally had GroupWise 2012 installed. They were upgraded to GroupWise 14.0.0 and then to 14.0.2.

I just tested another computer that originally had 2012 on it. I upgraded to 14.0.2 and it can print the Tasklist without issue. I went ahead and uninstalled/reinstalled 14.0.2 on one of the workstations with the problem and the problem persists.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to print tasklists

Hi,

I'm trying to narrow down if this is a user database issue or a user profile issue on said workstation.

Please can you log into a working workstation with the credentials used on a workstation that is not working [hope that I'm making sense here!]. If the problem follows the user around then we have a database issue. If the problem does not follow the user then we, potentially, have a Windows user profile issue.

Please let us know - thanks.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Unable to print tasklists

In article <tjetzer.70fzqn@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Tjetzer wrote:
> I just tested another computer that originally had 2012 on it. I
> upgraded to 14.0.2 and it can print the Tasklist without issue. I went
> ahead and uninstalled/reinstalled 14.0.2 on one of the workstations with
> the problem and the problem persists.


This makes me think it relates to the printing subsystems of Windows.
What versions of Windows are involved here? How are printers deployed?
Have you used any system cleaning tools such as CCleaner (in case it is a
bad temp file or such somewhere)?


Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to print tasklists

konecnya;2401513 wrote:
In article <tjetzer.70fzqn@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Tjetzer wrote:
> I just tested another computer that originally had 2012 on it. I
> upgraded to 14.0.2 and it can print the Tasklist without issue. I went
> ahead and uninstalled/reinstalled 14.0.2 on one of the workstations with
> the problem and the problem persists.


This makes me think it relates to the printing subsystems of Windows.
What versions of Windows are involved here? How are printers deployed?
Have you used any system cleaning tools such as CCleaner (in case it is a
bad temp file or such somewhere)?


Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!



All our workstations are running Win 7 64. Printers are deployed through ZenWorks.

I have not used any system cleaning tools. I'm not a big fan.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to print tasklists

I attempted to print the task list for an affected user on a known working workstation and I was able to print the affected user's task list. The problem did not follow the user.

One thing to note, the test workstation has client 14.0.2. The two affected workstations originally had 14.0.0 installed and were upgraded to 14.0.2.




laurabuckley;2401147 wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to narrow down if this is a user database issue or a user profile issue on said workstation.

Please can you log into a working workstation with the credentials used on a workstation that is not working [hope that I'm making sense here!]. If the problem follows the user around then we have a database issue. If the problem does not follow the user then we, potentially, have a Windows user profile issue.

Please let us know - thanks.

Cheers,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to print tasklists

Hi,

Ok, so we've ruled out user database problem. The fact that the issue does not follow the user points to a workstation problem. I would create a new Windows profile and see if that makes a difference. The fact that the clients have been upgraded shouldn't be an issue here. I've got machines that have been upgraded from V8 through all the versions to V2014.

Try the Windows profile thing and please do let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Unable to print tasklists

In article <tjetzer.71w44n@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Tjetzer wrote:
> All our workstations are running Win 7 64. Printers are deployed
> through ZenWorks.


On an affected system, manually setup a printer(preferably different
than the users normal default) to see if it has the same problem, or if
you encounter problems in setting it up.


> I have not used any system cleaning tools. I'm not a big fan.


I've seen that before, either it just sounds too simple and/or having
been stung by it being done wrong. Doing a good cleaning solves more
than its fair share of problems, hence being something strongly
recommend quickly going through at the beginning of troubleshooting odd
system problem.

A basic run of Disk Cleaner and Disk Defragmentor (both that come with
Windows in: Programs, Accessories, System Tools) are like the basic
cheapy oil change. A good cleaning tool such as CCleaner is like a good
oil change and other fluids check.
Of course there is the new profile option (replace engine) or reimage
the machine (new car). But if you use the old profiles on the new
image it is like putting your old engine in the new car.



Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.