Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to re-add user and LDAP does not find anyone

I am running GMS 2.0.1 Build 53 and GroupWise 2014 SP1. I recently installed a new post office and moved all users from one and old PO to a new PO on an NSS drive. After doing so I looked at the syncing on the GMS and found that some had failed and me being impatient, I removed myself from the list thing I would reinstall and all would be great with the world.

However when I tried to reinstall my user via LDAP, my user was not found. When I tried via Groupwise, it stated I was already on the system.

I found a thread that showed how to see if the LDAP was working on the GMS server and it was able to find my user.

So 2 questions:

Why doesn't the GMS search the LDAP?

How do I completely remove my user from from GMS?

Sincerely,
Ken
Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Unable to re-add user and LDAP does not find anyone

kheinz;2340242 wrote:
I am running GMS 2.0.1 Build 53 and GroupWise 2014 SP1. I recently installed a new post office and moved all users from one and old PO to a new PO on an NSS drive. After doing so I looked at the syncing on the GMS and found that some had failed and me being impatient, I removed myself from the list thing I would reinstall and all would be great with the world.

However when I tried to reinstall my user via LDAP, my user was not found. When I tried via Groupwise, it stated I was already on the system.

I found a thread that showed how to see if the LDAP was working on the GMS server and it was able to find my user.

So 2 questions:

Why doesn't the GMS search the LDAP?

How do I completely remove my user from from GMS?

Sincerely,
Ken

Could it be this: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7015762

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was hoping it was that but no I forgot I had already initialized it in there.

Sincerely,
Ken
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the DS App, that removed my user and I was able to installed via groupWise but LDAP still does not find anyone in the list. I checked my user in the GroupWise admin console and it shows LDAP information for mu user.

Ken
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Looking at the users logged in through the POA, all the users have an Edir Login Name that looks the LDAP structure. Could that be the reason why LDAP is not working on GMS?

Sincerely,
Ken
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

kheinz wrote on 11/24/2014 05:16 PM:
> I was hoping it was that but no I forgot I had already initialized it in
> there.

Stupid question maybe, but did you reboot the mobility server? That fixed it for me when I wasn't able to add a user back.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Associate
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

If you go to the GMS dashboard, does the LDAP connection say active?

Go back to the user source settings and make sure your LDAP server info is correct. Also make sure you update the SOAP url to point to the new PO.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

reverendjb;2340291 wrote:
If you go to the GMS dashboard, does the LDAP connection say active?

Go back to the user source settings and make sure your LDAP server info is correct. Also make sure you update the SOAP url to point to the new PO.

I had to first restart the GMS for some reason the Monitor agent wasn't running.

I checked the dash board and it shows that the LDAP is active. I have checked the soap settings and it show correct. I checked the PO and it shows that soap is connecting.

Sincerely,
Ken
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.