bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to reply/forward/create mail for one user

Hi Forum,

can someone give me a hint what could cause this:
One user is not able to answer mail or create new mails in webaccess.
Generally it seems to work. Login is possible and you can navigate through folders, open mails and so on.
But all buttons like Send,Safe,Cancel, Check Spelling or switch from HTML to Text in the window for editing/create a new mail are without function. They are visible but you can click on them and just nothing happens.
I can login with my Account on the same PC with the same browser and it actually works... On the other side, the behaviour is the same if the user logs in on my work station.. buttons are not working. I also tried different browsers on different workstations without success
It seems to me that this is an account related problem, but I have not a single clue what could cause this...
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Pascal

"Have you tried turn it off and on again?"
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to reply/forward/create mail for one user

Hi Pascal,

I'd recommend doing a GWCheck with the "Reset Client Options" routine selected.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

unfortunately reset client options did nothing... Problem still exists.

Thanks,
Pascal

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Pascal,

Sorry to split hairs here, but did you do this routine from the Admin Console or the Windows standalone GWCheck program?

Let us know - thanks 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

no problem, I did it from the Admin Console.

Cheers,
Pascal

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Pascal,

Ok, if that didn't work then I suggest going through a series of other GWCheck routines from the Admin Console.

1. Do an Analyze/Fix with "Structure" selected along with "Fix Problems" - let that run and test again.

If that does not work....

2. Do an Analyze/Fix with "Content" selected along with "Fix Problems" - let that run and test again.

If that does not work...

3. Try a "Structural Rebuild".

Don't take a shortcut and run both Structure and Content together - make sure to run these two seperately.

Yes I'm going through this systematically, but I'm only suggesting what I would do myself to eliminate this type of problem.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

also no success 😞

Thanks,
Pascal

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Pascal,

Sorry, I don't know what more to suggest 😞

If you are in a position to do so, open a Service Request with Novell Technical Support.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.