Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Undo "Do you want to continue to receive this message" = no

If, when updating through the software distribution directory, a user clicks no to not update then no again on the "Do you want to continue to receive this message?" dialog, how can I reset that so that the user can update his software? I don't see that setting in any of the client options, nor in the registry (that I can find) to "uncheck" so that the GroupWise client will again check for an update.

Thanks,
Aubrey

Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Undo "Do you want to continue to receive this message" =

Hi Aubrey,

In the setup.cfg file for your automatic rollout of the client, play around with these settings:

ForceUpdate=
GraceLoginCount=
PromptUntilUpdated=

I think the last setting is the one that you need to pay attention to.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Laura,

I had the PromptUnilUpdated set to NO. I have changed it to yes, but it has had no effect.
I have also changed ForceUpdate to Yes and GraceLoginCount to 5.
Do I need to restart the PO?

Isn't the setup.cfg only called when setup.exe is ran?

I have also noticed that this is not user specific (at least on the GroupWise client). I can tell the client updater "No" as above, then even when I log on as a different GroupWise user it doesn't prompt me to update.

Aubrey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As an update, any user that had not been prompted to update gets the changes made to the setup.cfg, but any user that has already told the update no does not get reprompted.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

The settings that you had in place will "Stick" until you issue a new command to the post office to roll out the client again. You probably could get away with just increasing the "bump" number. This might have the undesired effect of doing a complete new roll out again. Unfortunately I'm not in front of a 2012 system right now to double-check for you 😞

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Undo "Do you want to continue to receive this message" = no

FishEggStew wrote:

> As an update, any user that had not been prompted to update gets the changes
> made to the setup.cfg, but any user that has already told the update no does
> not get reprompted.

Try to change the Bump number in
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Novell\GroupWise\Client\5.0" to a lower number

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Are you a GroupWise Power Administrator? Join our site.
http://www.caledonia.net/register

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.