iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unknown Operator Restart Request for MTA

Looking at my log files for today for our MTA, I see that at 13:36:05 there are these entries:
13:36:05 832 DIS: Processing restart request from operator
13:36:05 832 DIS: MTA Restart in progress
13:36:43 832 LOG: Logging: Restarted

I can only see the past 3 logs, no other logs are now showing (there were quite a few earlier this morning)

Also, in the main MTA monitor screen (web URL: port 7180) I see this in the alerts:
<12/14/11 13:36:05> DIS: MTA restart in progress
<12/14/11 13:36:37> Waiting for task 'NGW-TCP Master Receive to complete
<12/14/11 13:36:44> DIS: MTA restart completed

I did not initiate this restart, so I am unsure why or who the "operator" was in this case. Are there any additional
log files I can look to to figure out what this all about? Not sure what NGW-TCP Master Receive is, either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unknown Operator Restart Request for MTA

iliadmin wrote:

> I did not initiate this restart, so I am unsure why or who the "operator" was
> in this case.

Many configuration changes in various parts of the system will require a restart
for an MTA. It doesn't necessarily mean that anyone clicked "restart agent" at
the agent. It might mean that a link was changed, another domain was added,
information for a PO the domain owns changed, etc. I'm not sure that it's
really possible to know exactly what caused the restart request.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Upgrading to GroupWise 2012?
http://www.caledonia.net/gw12upg.html
0 Likes
iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unknown Operator Restart Request for MTA

Thank you for the reply.

Well that's interesting. There were no changes made to the system. I was involved in working with end users and no one else
has access to the systems at the moment. Could this be caused by some sort of corruption in the PO, maybe?

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.