Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1853 views

Unread message display in taskbar

We are in the process of upgrading our users to Win 7. One of the new
feature of 2012, is the integration with the Win7 taskbar,
specifically the ability to display the number of unread messages.

I am not seeing this. Is there some sort of option or switch that
needs to be enabled for this to work?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mark
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unread message display in taskbar

On 9/18/2012 10:34 AM, mark wrote:
> We are in the process of upgrading our users to Win 7. One of the new
> feature of 2012, is the integration with the Win7 taskbar,
> specifically the ability to display the number of unread messages.
>
> I am not seeing this. Is there some sort of option or switch that
> needs to be enabled for this to work?
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Mark
>

I wasn't aware of such a feature.Can you provide a link?
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unread message display in taskbar

Documentation link:

http://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2012/gw2012_guide_userwin/?page=/documentation/groupwise2012/gw2012_guide_userwin/data/about_what_s_new_in_the_groupwise_client.html




On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:45:30 GMT, Michael Bell <mikebell@nospam.com>
wrote:

>On 9/18/2012 10:34 AM, mark wrote:
>> We are in the process of upgrading our users to Win 7. One of the new
>> feature of 2012, is the integration with the Win7 taskbar,
>> specifically the ability to display the number of unread messages.
>>
>> I am not seeing this. Is there some sort of option or switch that
>> needs to be enabled for this to work?
>>
>> Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>> Mark
>>

>I wasn't aware of such a feature.Can you provide a link?

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Unread message display in taskbar

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:31:20 GMT, mark <mark@someplace.com> wrote:

>Documentation link:
>
>http://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2012/gw2012_guide_userwin/?page=/documentation/groupwise2012/gw2012_guide_userwin/data/about_what_s_new_in_the_groupwise_client.html


More specifically...
http://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2012/gw2012_guide_userwin/?page=/documentation/groupwise2012/gw2012_guide_userwin/data/bvv53o9.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unread message display in taskbar

Looks like this only works when you do NOT have the "User Small Icons"
taskbar option checked.



On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 19:43:11 GMT, KeN Etter
<ketter@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:31:20 GMT, mark <mark@someplace.com> wrote:
>
>>Documentation link:
>>
>>http://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2012/gw2012_guide_userwin/?page=/documentation/groupwise2012/gw2012_guide_userwin/data/about_what_s_new_in_the_groupwise_client.html

>
>More specifically...
>http://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2012/gw2012_guide_userwin/?page=/documentation/groupwise2012/gw2012_guide_userwin/data/bvv53o9.html

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.