klud2001 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Update GW8 to GW 2014

Hello,

I would like to update gw 8 to gw 2014 and OES 2(SLES 10 sp4 x86_64) to OES 11.
The update would be on the same server (in place).
Which update should be make first gw or oes? Does it have any meaning?

Regard,
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Update GW8 to GW 2014

Hi,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question.

Double-check that your existing server is indeed 64bit. Then, personally, I would upgrade the operating system first. GroupWise 2014 is not supported on OES 2

Please let us know how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
klud2001 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for fast answer.

So, after update to oes 11, gw 8 would be working in normal way?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

The only issue that I've had with GroupWise 8 on OES 11 is that sometimes on an agent shutdown/restart the agent goes into a dead state - you have to delete the uid.run file from the agent directory and then it starts normally. This is an intermitant issue that is resolved with GroupWise 2014. If you run into this issue it takes less than a minute to resolve 😉 Other than that my GroupWise 8 systems on OES 11 would just run, and run, and run, and run.......

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.