Contributor.. lis Contributor..
Contributor..

Update to 18.1 - admin user question

Yesterday we updated Groupwise from 2014.2 to 18.1 on SLES11 SP4.
So far so good.

Today we updated GMS from 2014 to 18.1. We ran in the the "Cannot validate Groupwise maintenance" - and solved it with TID 7023544.

I used my account with my password. First I tried the user admin - but this doesn't work.

Now one thing is a bit strange: We formerly had 3 admin users - 2 Users (me and my coworker both with a groupwise account) and the account "admin".
The admin account never had a Groupwise account. I think it was the old eDir account we used for Groupwise 5 to 2012. Since 2014 we have no more eDir users - though admin user worked without problems.

Now when I login to Admin Console I always can use my account without problems. When I use the admin account sometimes it worked but only for lets say 10 mins. After that Admin Console tells me System privilegues are needed. After I log out I cannot login "The user name or password you have entered is incorrect." After a while it worked again.

Where can this admin user be found? Under System - Administrator there are only me and my coworkers account. I cannot add any users without a GW Account.

Can someone enlighten me what's about this admin user?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
greiner Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Update to 18.1 - admin user question

I think that you must upgrade from sles11sp4 to sles12sp3
GMS 18.1 need this

cg
0 Likes
Contributor.. lis Contributor..
Contributor..

Let me clarify this:

GW 18.1 runs on SLES 11 SP4 + OES2015 SP1

GMS 18.1 runs on SLES 12 SP3.

Maybe it's more a question for the install-setup-admin group.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

In the GroupWise admin console do a Global Search for an account called admin. You can't have an account existing in your GroupWise system that has the same name as your super admin user. Doesn't matter if they show or not in the "System Administrators" interface or not. Alternatively rename your super admin --> let me know if you need the command to do this.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.