Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Update windows clients from SDD from PO on linux (8.0.3)

Hi,
I'm trying to mount a Software Dist. Directory to update automatically my windows clients from a post office in GW 8.0.3.
So, I have installed SDD, I have declared in Consoleone, I marked post office(from consoleone) pointing to this SDD, and finally I test that in the post office log says "Successfully accessed Software Distribution Directory-/gwsist/repo_sw".

So now, my questions are:

I have read that there is an SDD configuration file called "setup.cfg", but in my SDD (linux) no such file exists. On the other hand in my SDD groupwise client I have only linux, not windows.
What is the next thing I have to do? What is the way to put the groupwise windows client in my Soft. Dist. Directory(on linux)?

I would appreciate anyone who has configured client updates any time can lend me a hand.

Regards!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Update windows clients from SDD from PO on linux (8.0.3)

Hi,

You will have to download the Windows client separately from the Novell download site.

Personally, I would recommend SetupIP for Windows clients off of a linux server with GroupWise 8.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

Further to what I've said above, here are two references for you:

https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7003968

https://www.novell.com/documentation/gw8/gw8_admin/data/bv4v0uy.html

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,
when you say you recomment SetupIP, from a PO on linux, I saw I need to configure the setup.cfg, but in my SDD(created with linux installation og GW) there is no file with the name "setup.cfg".
So I need to download the windows installation CD of Groupwise server?, or just the windows client and copy there?

Thanks.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

You can download the latest version of the GroupWise 8 client here: NOVELL: Downloads - GroupWise 8.0 SP3 Hot Patch 3 Windows Client EN and Multi

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Absent Member.

laurabuckley;2285598 wrote:
Hi

You can download the latest version of the GroupWise 8 client here: NOVELL: Downloads - GroupWise 8.0 SP3 Hot Patch 3 Windows Client EN and Multi

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Ok, I already had the client installed in varios PCs, but my question is in what folder in the SDD I need to copy. And if I need to share by Samba the SDD folder or windows clients get the installation files directly from the PO.

Does anyone know if I need to configure a setup.cfg file in the SDD, or not? Not exist in my SDD

Thanks
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Sorry for misunderstanding your question 😞

In your SDD you should have a folder called "client". In there you place the "win32" directory with the client software that you downloaded and extracted.

I think to get all the update.exe and necessary dll's for the "client" directory you may need to download the full GroupWise install file for the Windows platform. Extract it and just copy the contents of the "client" directory from there to your linux based SDD.

For what it is worth... the GroupWise 2012 SP2 Linux file includes all the necessary Windows client components required for auto-update without requiring a separate download 😉

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.