Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upgrading GW 2014 R2 server from OES2015 to OES2018

Have a site that has a small GW system running GW 2014 R2 latest build. One of the server, which happens to be the primary domain and post office, is also running OES2015. Have been in the process of doing in place upgrades of the other OES2015 server to OES2018 no issues. Been holding off on this one since it has the GW component. Going to upgrade the GW to 18 once the migration is done, but in looking at the documentation it appears that for GW2014 R2, OES2018 is not a supported environment. Was looking to see if anyone had done this before successfully. Site does not have space to build a new server to migrate the data off too so kind of stuck with in place upgrade. The second GW server runs a secondary domain, gwia and webaccess and it is straight SuSE11 SP4 so that is a simple SuSE upgrade.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrading GW 2014 R2 server from OES2015 to OES2018

Follow up, it appears GW18 supports SLES 11 or OES2015, so I can upgrade on current platform, and then upgrade to OES2018 later.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 10.03.2019 22:26, jlewter wrote:
>
> Follow up, it appears GW18 supports SLES 11 or OES2015, so I can upgrade
> on current platform, and then upgrade to OES2018 later.
>
>

That would have been my advice. Do the GW upgrade first.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks. That is the path I am going to take with this server.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.