smkornegay Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Upgrading GroupWise 2014 to GroupWise 2014

So we upgraded our GroupWise 8 on SLES 11 SP3 to GroupWise 2014.

Current email server version(s):

novell-groupwise-gwmon-14.0.0-115243
novell-groupwise-gwha-14.0.0-115243
novell-groupwise-monitor-8.0.2-92377
novell-groupwise-server-14.0.0-115243
supportutils-plugin-groupwise-1.0-3.1

webaccess:

novell-groupwise-webaccess-webapp-14.0.1HP1-118418

Novell support asked that I install the latest "version" of GroupWise to fix some weird issues. Am I not on the current latest version? If not, do I just run the installer on both servers and overwrite the current installed files?

Thanks for any info...
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Upgrading GroupWise 2014 to GroupWise 2014

Hi,

Unfortunately you are not on the latest version. Your post indicates that your current e-mail server is installed with GroupWise 2014.0 Support Pack 1 shipped a long time ago. Having said that, if you have a Service Request open with Novell Technical Support they should provide you with the code that they want you to upgrade to.

Yes, you do just run the installer to update your GroupWise system - it's quite an easy task.

Just note that your GroupWise Monitor is still on version 8. You specifically need to select the Monitor option in the install interface to upgrade that.

Please let us know how it goes - thanks 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
tombott
New Member.

As Laura said updating to the latest version of GW 2014 is very easy, in fact it's probably one of the easiest upgrades / installs I have ever done.
This video shows you how:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3gsxGsqur0
0 Likes
Highlighted
smkornegay Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I will get the latest version this weekend and get it updated.

Sorry for the late response. I will let you know how the upgrade goes.

Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.