Highlighted
mustafa86m Absent Member.
Absent Member.

User Archive's index is corrupt - Groupwise 2014 R2

The archive emails are on the mapped drive and when a user's laptop needs to be replaced , all we need is to remap the drive where the archive is located. When this process is done , the archive was not found even the archive was not touched in the drive It looks like the index was corrupted. I used gwcheck to rebuild the database , but that did not work .

Any suggestion of how that could be restored / solved . I still believe the archive is still available , since I did not mess the copy on the drive . I created a backup copy and run gwcheck , but it did not retrieve the entire gw archive .

Thank you
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: User Archive's index is corrupt - Groupwise 2014 R2

Hi,

A common issue is folk map to the actual archive folder - ofxxxarc. The map should point to the parent folder of the archive. I recommend you check this first.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.

laurabuckley;2478449 wrote:
Hi,

A common issue is folk map to the actual archive folder - ofxxxarc. The map should point to the parent folder of the archive. I recommend you check this first.

Cheers,

Hello
Can you please explain your answer ? I did map it to the same actual archive folder . The problem is when I map it from a different machine I don't find the archive / or it does not show all the archive .
If the archive was mapped on a machine and a user gets a different machine . In this case the new machine has to be mapped to the actual archive folder ( on network ) . THis where we start not being able to see the archive
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If you e.g. have your archive path set to c:\gwarchive you'll have a "resulting" folder c:\gwarchive\ofxxxarc, with xxx being the FID of the user in question. The "physical" location of the archive will be underneath ofxxarc, there you'll find files such as user.db and many more. What Laura says is that it's a common mistake to define the archive path including the ofxxxarc part, such as
c:\gwarchive\ofxxxarc
as the ofxxxarc part is calculated and added by the client "on the fly", depending on the logged in user's FID.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hello Mathias ,
I have my archive set on old machine D:\GW\GWarchive\
On the new machine should be D:\GW\GWarchive\

I have a user that needed a different laptop , what I did was giving the user new laptop , remap \\D: drive and change the location from GW client.
I can see the ofxxxrc inside GWarchive folder and it contains user database and index and many more . Isn't it that the folder that contains the archive ? how come we change the path to the parent and what it could be wrong in my process?
I also did this process in this link below :
https://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/9883.html
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

First of all: get rid of all flavours of virusscanners or least make sure that everything which relates to GW data is excluded from scanning. If you run Kaspersky as AV: uninstall it 'cause it doesn't give a xxxx on exclusions or other configurations.
You've mentioned that you still have a copy of the original, untouched archive. Assuming it's called "of123arc", copy it (NO AV) locally underneath c:\gwarchive, resulting in a path like c:\gwarchive\of123arc with user.db, ngwguard.db, ngwguard.dc and lots of other stuff underneath it. Login as the user in question, open GW, click "Help" -> "About". Doublecheck that the FID matches the "xxx" part in "ofxxxarc". Set the archive path to c:\gwarchive and recheck.
Other questions:
What kind of share does the archive normally reside on? NCP? CIFS?
Why do you map a network drive to "D:"?
Did you try to access the archive from the old notebook?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <mustafa86m.8fbn3c@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Mustafa86m
wrote:
> I can see the ofxxxrc inside GWarchive folder and it contains user
> database and index and many more

yes, that is what you should see.
In addition to Mathias' points, it would be worth confirming the FID of
the user and that it matches the xxx in the ofxxxrc you are dealing
with. And you can't just change that folder name as there is more to
it within the db files.

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.