Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
twohlford Absent Member.
Absent Member.

User's WebAcc inbox blank -- but client has all her email?!?

Looks to be confined to single user.

Her webacc inbox is totally blank, as is her unopened items folder.

But the rest of her email / apps seem to be showing up in WebAcc.

I go into her account w/ the GW client, and everything is there (thank <diety!!> for small miracles!).

Restarted all agents when I ran outta other ideas.

It's as if she has some user setting somewhere that I don't know about?!?!?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tim
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: User's WebAcc inbox blank -- but client has all her emai

Sorry to play the version card.... but which versions of GroupWise are you running for POA and WebAccess components?

Also, on which OS version and patchlevel are those components running?

The only time I've seen something like this happen (the variation of a blank inbox but unopened items showing the unread items) was with pre 2012 SP2 builds.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
twohlford Absent Member.
Absent Member.

magic31;2334316 wrote:
Sorry to play the version card.... but which versions of GroupWise are you running for POA and WebAccess components?

Also, on which OS version and patchlevel are those components running?

The only time I've seen something like this happen (the variation of a blank inbox but unopened items showing the unread items) was with pre 2012 SP2 builds.

Cheers,
Willem

Willem --

You got it. 2012 sp1. Yes, patching it is definitely on the list of things to do (I just took over these duties). Right after I figure out how to patch the Novell Cluster Services system that it all sits on.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Tim,

twohlford;2334338 wrote:

You got it. 2012 sp1. Yes, patching it is definitely on the list of things to do (I just took over these duties). Right after I figure out how to patch the Novell Cluster Services system that it all sits on.

Then I suspect that will fix it.

The cluster, is that on OES2 or OES11?
In any case, simply updating the rpm's on each cluster and restarting the GroupWise services should suffice to get the GroupWise code running on 12 SP3. As it's not a version upgrade you should be fine .

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
MrSted Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I setup a new 2012 domain and post office. Then decided to install WebAccess on the same box. Initially I had the same symptom - no mail in the mailbox for some users. I found that my links to my new domain were incomplete. Users with mailboxes on domains with correct links were fine and displayed mail in WebAccess. After fixing my links ALL users were able to display mail in WebAccess.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.